Now that I know where to put afsrc=1 in my links, can anyone tell me what its purpose is? What does it do or prevent?

Thanks

Airstrip Maller <New Guy>
    The best things in life are not things at all...

This quitely publisized addition to dynamic urls (for sites that use redirection via script, php, asp etc) is suppose to help parasites know NOT to overwrite the cookie set by your visitor. It does not prevent the parasites from overwriteing if your visitor does not buy on that visit, and returns by a bookmark or direct type in of a site.

NOTE: It does not always work and even though it's a violation of the networks "Code of Conduct" NOTHING is ever done about it. No penalization of the perp. NADA.

If you are just using links generated by going to the networks and copying the link, there is no need to use the afsrc=1 code.

The parasites are able to see this and know (except when no ones looking) not to overwite.

Poopie

"2005 The year the parasites are brought to Justice." We are not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Poopie.......... I wish I had the knowledge that many of you have. I do just use merchant links from the networks. However I do add some url redirects off of those same merchant links.

Airstrip Maller

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Poopie Nubert:
    This quitely publisized addition to dynamic urls (for sites that use redirection via script, php, asp etc) is suppose to help parasites know NOT to overwrite the cookie set by your visitor. It does not prevent the parasites from overwriteing if your visitor does not buy on that visit, and returns by a bookmark or direct type in of a site.

NOTE: It does not always work and even though it's a violation of the networks "Code of Conduct" NOTHING is ever done about it. No penalization of the perp. NADA.

If you are just using links generated by going to the networks and copying the link, there is no need to use the afsrc=1 code.

The parasites are able to see this and know (except when no ones looking) not to overwite.

Poopie

"2005 The year the parasites are brought to Justice." We are not going to take it anymore! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    The best things in life are not things at all...

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread