View Poll Results: Stop or continue the bickering on ABW?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would like to hear more about the disagreement between Chuck/Michael/Trust/Whomever and would like to read about it every day. Please, I can't get enough - please argue more.

    1 5.00%
  • Please everyone just STOP! I just want to talk about Affiliate Marketing.

    19 95.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Stop or continue the bickering on ABW?
    Per Brian Littletons nominations and members seconds I have started this poll:http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1178677-post229.html

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    This is a stupid poll Chuck.


  3. #3
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    Ban the bickerers!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  4. Thanks From:

  5. #4
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Ban all polls!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  6. #5
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    I thought about a Coley versus Hamrick Deathmatch earlier today but decided against it.

  7. #6
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    On Battlefield 4...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  8. #7
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I thought about a Coley versus Hamrick Deathmatch earlier today but decided against it.
    Trust would be ringside, in the spirit of Captain Lou Albano, holding your opponent by the hair up against the turnbuckle while you charge at him with "The Hamrick Hammer".
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  9. #8
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    I wonder what ever happened to the Punch them in the nose tool, when you need it.....
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?


  10. #9
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    6,918
    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Trust would be ringside, in the spirit of Captain Lou Albano, holding your opponent by the hair up against the turnbuckle while you charge at him with "The Hamrick Hammer".
    LOL - showing our age, here...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

  11. #10
    ABW Ambassador kaizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    666
    I must be a bad person, but I actually don't mind when ABW gets all fired up at times... it shows our differences, passions, and can be entertaining to boot. Having said that, this particular argument should not have been revived.... it's like watching a bad re-run.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall


  12. #11
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    I'm with you kaizen. I like when affiliates show some passion and opinions.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  13. Thanks From:

  14. #12
    Moderator leeann's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    2,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Per Brian Littletons nominations and members seconds I have started this poll:http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1178677-post229.html
    I don't see a poll.
    leeann


    Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

  15. #13
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Its at the top of this thread.

  16. Thanks From:

  17. #14
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by leeann View Post
    I'm with you kaizen. I like when affiliates show some passion and opinions.
    "Passion and opinion" is great, on the right issues. For the most part, it is a waste of time and energy in threads rehashing old issues though in the current context. There are vital issues facing us all, and discussion and debate there is minimal at best, such as on the issue of net neutrality. I started a thread on the MAJOR announcement from Tom Wheeler, Chair of the FCC, and it received ZERO comments. Meanwhile, commission rates continue to drop, reducing our income day by day.

    We need opinion, passion, and action in those areas, among others.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]


  18. #15
    Beachy Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2005
    Posts
    8,266
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    "Passion and opinion" is great, on the right issues. For the most part, it is a waste of time and energy in threads rehashing old issues though in the current context. There are vital issues facing us all, and discussion and debate there is minimal at best, such as on the issue of net neutrality. I started a thread on the MAJOR announcement from Tom Wheeler, Chair of the FCC, and it received ZERO comments. Meanwhile, commission rates continue to drop, reducing our income day by day.

    We need opinion, passion, and action in those areas, among others.
    Totally agree but I find it difficult to find a number of folks here who also agree. Recently I decided to share a short tutorial in the social media sub-forum - http://www.abestweb.com/forums/blogg...rs-173830.html - and it had engagement from exactly four people (out of 100,000+ members). Evidently, I "mis"-labeled the thread as the "1st in a series..."
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

  19. #16
    Member gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2009
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    .....it had engagement from exactly four people (out of 100,000+ members).
    many of that 100k+ are banned spammers.
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1178417-post152.html

    More useful would be the number of (unbanned) members who have posted in the last year.
    The internet is a fad.

  20. #17
    Moderator MichaelColey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Mansfield, TX
    Posts
    16,232
    I'm also tired of it and agree with Brian that it doesn't help ABW. But I'm not going to back down when I'm attacked. I'm not going to sugar-coat the truth to avoid offending people. And I'm not going to withhold my opinion on something that I feel is important. And I don't expect anyone else to, either.

    I find it a bit ironic that when I tried to take ABW in a kinder, gentler direction as Admin, Chuck privately undermined me. Then when he becomes Admin, he removes the rules requiring people to be polite and encouraging attacking problems rather than people. Yet while he claims that people are now allowed to disagree (which they have always been allowed to do) and use harsh language or drop F-bombs (as if that helps anything), I'm lambasted for politely and respectfully speaking out.

    I would strongly encourage those who don't like this kind of stuff going on to propose changes to the rules to PROHIBIT it. But when you do, please keep in consideration that you/we still want the ability to call out bad behavior on the part of merchants, affiliates, networks, OPMs, etc.

    Thoughts?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

  21. #18
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I'm also tired of it and agree with Brian that it doesn't help ABW. But I'm not going to back down when I'm attacked. I'm not going to sugar-coat the truth to avoid offending people. And I'm not going to withhold my opinion on something that I feel is important. And I don't expect anyone else to, either.

    I find it a bit ironic that when I tried to take ABW in a kinder, gentler direction as Admin, Chuck privately undermined me. Then when he becomes Admin, he removes the rules requiring people to be polite and encouraging attacking problems rather than people. Yet while he claims that people are now allowed to disagree (which they have always been allowed to do) and use harsh language or drop F-bombs (as if that helps anything), I'm lambasted for politely and respectfully speaking out.

    I would strongly encourage those who don't like this kind of stuff going on to propose changes to the rules to PROHIBIT it. But when you do, please keep in consideration that you/we still want the ability to call out bad behavior on the part of merchants, affiliates, networks, OPMs, etc.

    Thoughts?
    There was 1 person who voted - "I would like to hear more about the disagreement"

    And you just literally linked to old beef.

    Burgerboy, help the forum. Become admin for a few minutes, take care of business.

  22. Thanks From:

  23. #19
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    How about I just ban him now???

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  24. #20
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    How about I just ban him now???
    That's really the only way this forum can proceed, it should have happened 3 years ago. I mean we have a poll with 17 people so far picking:

    Please everyone just STOP! I just want to talk about Affiliate Marketing.

    to 1 say more beef. And he posted more beef. He's not going to stop if that's not evident by now. There will be more coming from him, he will not let me down on this. Until somebody steps up and handles it.

  25. #21
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2007
    Location
    West Covina, CA
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I would strongly encourage those who don't like this kind of stuff going on to propose changes to the rules to PROHIBIT it.
    I would never want to see rules prohibiting it, certainly when some one is unjustly criticized they are entitled to the right to respond, as anyone who knows me or follows my writings would know, but there should be some self-restraint in continually re-hashing old arguments, and sometimes in starting new ones. I've done it and often I've written posts here and elsewhere, then trashed them. Writing it can be cathartic even with no one else reading it.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

  26. Thanks From:

  27. #22
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    That's really the only way this forum can proceed, it should have happened 3 years ago. I mean we have a poll with 17 people so far picking:

    Please everyone just STOP! I just want to talk about Affiliate Marketing.

    to 1 say more beef. And he posted more beef. He's not going to stop if that's not evident by now. There will be more coming from him, he will not let me down on this. Until somebody steps up and handles it.
    Done, he's banned - Now let's just move on with trying to improve ABW and making it what it needs to be.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  28. #23
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Done, he's banned - Now let's just move on with trying to improve ABW and making it what it needs to be.
    Well that was a streetcorner thug thing to do.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

  29. Thanks From:

  30. #24
    Moderator BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    jacked by sylon www.sylonddos.weebly.com
    Posts
    9,618
    I did it to a - streetcorner thug - and he's been one for a long time now. Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done. Some people leave you no choice. They just like to stir up trouble wherever they go.

    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

  31. #25
    The "other" left wing davidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,492
    He made more productive suggestions in the "looking for replacement admin" thread than anybody else did.

    So maybe he has an ongoing beef with other members. Almost everybody does somewhere along the line. The problem with that, at least in his case, was that his beef was with somebody who holds a "ban stick".

    So, to the "thug", I'll add "jackbooted".

    That gangsterism is what drove this forum into the ground in the first place.... many moons ago....
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!


Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Will you continue with this merchant?
    By Xion in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 24th, 2006, 12:40 PM
  2. Before I continue...
    By Haiko de Poel, Jr. in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2005, 01:41 AM
  3. Stop Pop Ups or Stop Spam software
    By JP Sauve in forum Programming / Datafeeds / Tools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2003, 09:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •