EPN 30 Day Reversal Window Change
    So how is everyone fairing with the new eBay 30 day reversal window? Personally, I'm getting slammed by the change. I've got a 17% reversal rate for the month of April. In the newsletter they said:
    Although some adjustments will increase earnings for many publishers, others will see a slight decrease in earnings (i.e., the majority will see an earnings decrease of less than 5%) due to cancellations and returns.
    Yeah right, 5%? Nothing like a 17% reduction from one of my bigger merchants. eBay has been hacking away at my revenue for quite some time. What's wrong with these people? I thought they wanted to compete with Amazon, not get their butts handed to them?

ABW Ambassador
    My EPC so far this year, is almost half of what it was prior to all this. Basically, what I always say. Anytime a merchant makes a change, it's usually not to pay out more.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    My EPC so far this year, is almost half of what it was prior to all this. Basically, what I always say. Anytime a merchant makes a change, it's usually not to pay out more.
    Yep. As a general rule; the more complex the commission plan, the less likely an affiliate will earn a commission.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

They will always be tweaking the commission algorithm to justify paying less commission and commissions. And when that doesn't work they will do manual adjustments to prevent, as they put it, "overpaying" people. Grab your ankles.

If you're earning less commission it's due to the quality of traffic you're sending them. How many times have you heard that BS?

ABW Ambassador
    I wish over the years some auction site would step up and give them some real competition, with an affiliate program and some great tools. Tried some alternatives over the years but none of them stood up to the amount of offerings ebay has, or they had a poorly crafted affiliate program.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread