The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Regardless of who becomes the new Admin...
    A lot of us feel that Networks, merchants, affiliate managers etc clearly DESPISE affiliates - the people who actually bring in all their revenue

We would come to ABW for the camaraderie and to vent: things like "I can't believe they lowered our commission 2 weeks before Christmas"

We were a community - in the literal sense - of like-minded people all shooting for the same goal

Whoever becomes admin would have to convince iNet that we affiliates are their revenue source and should be treated as so if they want us to continue to contribute

The first thing I saw when I logged on was an official ABW ad saying "Do you want to see some aaaaatractive offers? - Click here"

I naively thought I would see some GOOD ABW member-only offers (like a higher commission, better cookies, etc)

Instead, I saw this:

(hopefully the image is inserted here)

How is an offer with...

Affiliate Manager's Name: BLANK
    Affiliate Manager's email: BLANK
    Affiliate Manager's Phone: BLANK
    Cookie Duration: BLANK

... by any stretch, an attractive offer? Whoever approved this ad should come out and tell the members what part of all that BLANK information is attractive to an affiliate?

Otherwise, it just shows me that affiliates aren't liked or respected by whoever is profiting from these ads - and (sorry), but there are some of us who will give you the same attention we give Networks we feel the same way about (Zip/Nada)

Just my 2cents

Best,
    Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay View Post
    A lot of us feel that Networks, merchants, affiliate managers etc clearly DESPISE affiliates - the people who actually bring in all their revenue

We would come to ABW for the camaraderie and to vent: things like "I can't believe they lowered our commission 2 weeks before Christmas"

We were a community - in the literal sense - of like-minded people all shooting for the same goal

Whoever becomes admin would have to convince iNet that we affiliates are their revenue source and should be treated as so if they want us to continue to contribute

The first thing I saw when I logged on was an official ABW ad saying "Do you want to see some aaaaatractive offers? - Click here"

I naively thought I would see some GOOD ABW member-only offers (like a higher commission, better cookies, etc)

Instead, I saw this:

(hopefully the image is inserted here)

How is an offer with...

Affiliate Manager's Name: BLANK
    Affiliate Manager's email: BLANK
    Affiliate Manager's Phone: BLANK
    Cookie Duration: BLANK

... by any stretch, an attractive offer? Whoever approved this ad should come out and tell the members what part of all that BLANK information is attractive to an affiliate?

Otherwise, it just shows me that affiliates aren't liked or respected by whoever is profiting from these ads - and (sorry), but there are some of us who will give you the same attention we give Networks we feel the same way about (Zip/Nada)

Just my 2cents

Best,
    Billy
    That looks like the Marketplace above. Some people in the past thought it was a good idea to have a late 1990's/early 2000's merchant directory that affiliates never use. It's never robust, hard to keep updated, affiliate managers and contact information change like a revolving door. If I want current info, I log into the affiliate networks and get it. Don't think affiliates use it but it brings in a little extra income for the forum I guess.
    Last edited by Trust; May 1st, 2014 at 08:32 PM.

3. Thanks From:

And miscategorizations: the first banner for bridal/weddings is a diet supplement company. Really? I suppose brides-to-be want to watch their weight, but reaaaaaallly....
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    ......Otherwise, it just shows me that affiliates aren't liked or respected by whoever is profiting from these ads - and (sorry), but there are some of us who will give you the same attention we give Networks we feel the same way about (Zip/Nada)......
    Agreed, Billy.
    My take on the long and short of it: Short-sighted bean-counters not understanding affiliate marketers = Short-term Profit / Long-term Loss.

But I doubt the Admin has much of a say in those decisions. Certainly not Chuck's fault.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hey Billy, in the interest of fairness, not all networks, merchants or affiliate managers are that way. You know me - I see us all as partners in making sales, which is the only thing that counts, and each deserving of being paid for their role in the process. I know without affiliates I don't have a job, and I hope that because of my efforts there are affiliates who are more successful than before. Sure, there are some in every stage of our business who are nasty, but not all of us!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

7. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm with Jeannine - I'm definitely not anti-affiliate... without legit affiliates, I can't make things happen for our company. I love building relationships and seeing affiliates develop into real difference makers who are making nice bucks working with us.

I'm definitely disturbed though at seeing some big brands kicking out solid content/loyalty affiliates like Tricia. At least in my program, we'd prefer to have more of our business coming from affiliates like that who actually ad value and introduce new people to our brand through great reviews and content.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

9. Thanks From:

JC and Wade... There comes a point where I stopped saying "They all suk "except shareasale", and all OPMs are dirt except so and so, just out of brevity. I just assumed by now that most folks at ABW KNOW which Networks, AMs, OPMs etc are the good guys.

I apologize if you think you were are part of the group, as it was just laziness on my part to make a post I knew would be long, as short as possible.

Best,
    Billy

11. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Aw, no worries, Billy! There's just lots of newbies who read these posts, and I wanted to clarify so they didn't think ALL networks, et.al. are like that.

Wade is so right -we know who the good guys are, and I hate it when they aren't treated right. I can only help let the world know who the good guys are, like Tricia and Billy, so that the smart ones take care of them.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I do not manage the Market Place but did help them get started. Its managed by the Product team and will forward these comments to them.

There ya go JC - now it's official
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread