hotel sales manager on his way to affiliate marketing
    greetings to everyone

i am currently working i a hotel in an area where is very few travel information to the visitors . so i was thinking to start a travel blog regarding the area of the hotel and to possible make so money throught affiliate marketing .

i have limited knowledge of websites , no coding of course and i am wondering should i a start wordpress theme blog or some web site builder.

any recommendation would be gold for me keep in mind i have hundreds of emails of hotel guests so i believe i have already people that i can sent them invitation i believe through email marketing and the hotel Facebook page with 2300 fans . thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    check out Shawn Collins book Extra Money Answer - it's actually written to help people build out wordpress based blogs based on something they are an expert in, so seems right for your situation. He actually goes into how to set up wordpress, some plugins he recommends, how to drive traffic, etc.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

thanks a lot for your response i ll take a look at it

The niche travel blog built on a Wordpress installation (on your own server) space is something I know well. It works.

I have been in the travel (hotel reservations) space since 2000 and have a couple of large city-specific sites, two of which have been on line since 1999. But we have also created (a few) small niche sites, exactly as you describe, utilizing Wordpress (on our own server space). Each of them score a few conversions every week.

I certainly agree with AffiliateWarrior - read the book in the link he provided. It is full of good "get started and move forward" information.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager BryanAffiliates's Avatar
    Additionally, if you are interested in hotel/travel related programs, check out some concert & sports ticket affiliate programs. I'm going to shout out TicketNetwork because I am their affiliate manager, but there are dozens of good options out there (Vivid Seats, Ticket Liquidator, Razor Gator, etc). Travel and entertainment usually go hand-in-hand.

thanks a lot for the information

i was thinking to add a trip advisor affiliate program do you think is it worth it

i thought about tickets . but unfortunately in greece there are very limited option and propably no affiliate programs

Affiliate Manager BryanAffiliates's Avatar
    Is your site going to be built around individuals visiting Greece, or individuals from Greece visiting other places? If the first, you are probably correct. I'm not aware of a site that specializes in Greek events. If the second, you definitely have some options.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Viator might have some options for you - Greece Tours, Greece Day Trips & Things to Do in Greece | Viator.com

They are in ShareASale
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

i am going to target foreigners that are visiting greece because in my area there is no much information regarding the area. i believe my advantage is that i have an extensive amount of emails of hotel guests who have been already in the area . and also i manage the hotel fan page with 2300 fans . i am not targeting the greek market at all . so i think maybe i add a hotel program which one you think is the best . bookings ? trip advisor , hotelsvombined expedia etc ?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Personally I'm fond of Agoda.com (full disclosure - it's one of my clients), but they work with 400,000 hotels, convert well and are huge in that part of the world, so I think it would work well for you. I'm also fond of Booking.com for the same reason. Hostelworld.com might also be a consideration. We also usually recommend something like LonelyPlanet.com to new travel site people, because folks love their digital download offerings.

Not sure what the rules are in Greece, but in the US you must have someone's permission to send them emails, so make sure you have whatever permission you need before doing so.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

thanks a lot for your interest to everyone . also i am little bit undecied if should i make a webiste or blog or both . and where can i find nice travel website/blog themes .

I treat most of our Wordpress installs as web sites. Out most successful ones for online bookings use the Twenty-Ten theme - dressed up with our own header image(s).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by aand View Post
    i am little bit undecied if should i make a webiste or blog or both
    A blog is a website that's created using a CMS(Content Management System).

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread