How many items in your datafeeds?
    I am just curious what kind of number ranges there are in your databases. I have been working with about 20K but now am looking at 300K and up. Just curious what the average is here at ABestWeb.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Most of my merchants have small SKU counts so a few dozen to a few hundred. One up to 5k.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    We have some with as few as 6 products, others with over 400,000 items, 1 with a couple of million products. I think most of our merchants are in the range of 1,000 - 5,000 products.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

ABW Ambassador
    approx 200mil+ products (not records) and i am telling you in advance its not as easy as you might imagine

Quote Originally Posted by KGP View Post
    approx 200mil+ products (not records) and i am telling you in advance its not as easy as you might imagine
    How are you defining products versus records?

Does that feed one site or many?

Quote Originally Posted by KGP View Post
    That's impressive. I've got 110 mil+ products (not records) and I agree, not easy at all. Its also expensive from a hardware perspective.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    That's impressive. I've got 110 mil+ products (not records) and I agree, not easy at all. Its also expensive from a hardware perspective.
    Are you suggesting that the 110 mil + products may each have mulitple records for them putting the total number of records to double or triple that number?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewaves1 View Post
    Are you suggesting that the 110 mil + products may each have mulitple records for them putting the total number of records to double or triple that number?
    Yes.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

@isellstuff : how about Merchants, put other data in Google shopping, two chances are better than one, and we are better than Google :-)

@bluewaves1 : in fashion productfeeds with 100-150K records are "normal", indeed, I don't need the whole feed, but many merchants / networkingcompanies don't deliver small feeds and if ........ because of the fact, merchants aint good in making a correct category, their smaller feeds xxxxxxxx
    in travel most feeds count 100 K records.
    Talking about Europe :-)

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    indeed although we have taken extreme measures in order to be able to use the "machines" as efficiently as possible.

bare in mind that the main issue is not "serving" a few mil...or a few thousands

nowadays the issue is that its PITA to get even a small competitive advantage over the "do not do evil"...even harder to keep that (pretty small "piece" of competitive advantage) in place and not having it "vanish" the very next day (or hour)

We have just under 1000

12. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread