Thread: Alibaba's Aliexpress now live on Webgains

Affiliate Network Rep Ryan Gilbert's Avatar
    Alibaba's Aliexpress now live on Webgains
    We are very pleased to announce that Alibaba’s Aliexpress shopping portal is now live on Webgains! Webgains has partnered with Alibaba to provide incremental sales via our publishers in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Netherlands & Belgium!

Up to 30% commission for your sales referrals. We are very much looking forward to working with our publishers on this account.

Join here
    Ryan Gilbert
    Webgains USA
    www.webgains.com
    AIM: WGrgilbert
    MSN/e: ryan{at}webgains.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webgains
    Blog: http://usablog.webgains.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/WebgainsUSA

They allow the Chinese sellers to sell and ship a lot of different counterfeit items to the US. You couldn't pay me enough to promote them. They should be shut down.

Here's a fake APMEX gold bar where the seller even describes how they counterfeit them....

1 Oz Apmex Gold Bar In Assay - Buy Gold Bar In Assay,Gold Fake Bars,Gold Plated Bars Product on Alibaba.com

the material we use is tungsten inside and fine gold plating, as u know the density of tungsten is almost the same as original, and we use electroplating technology to plate the fine gold on it, so the dimension is the same as original. The replica apmex gold 1oz bar in assay is sealed perfectly, and it is really easy to resell.
    All fake...
    http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20140509102817

Like I said, they should be shut down.
    Last edited by bobby131313; May 9th, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

3. Thanks From:

Purchased on AliExpress. Supposed to be an NGC certified 1/4 ounce gold coin. Coin is fake and holder is fake. It's 72.92% copper.

Affiliate Network Rep Ryan Gilbert's Avatar
    Hi bobby131313,
    The products you mention are not from alibaba, they are from a retailer selling through the alibaba platform. Like Amazon, there are a good and bad retailers. Last week I received a counterfeit item I purchased via Amazon, and I sent it back along with my complaint for them to investigate. Alibaba will refund and investigate these issues.

Every publisher has a choice which retailer and products you choose to promote on the alibaba aliexpress site. There are thousands of reputable manufacturers and millions of products on Aliexpress - plenty of opportunity for publishers to make a lot of money.

R
    Ryan Gilbert
    Webgains USA
    www.webgains.com
    AIM: WGrgilbert
    MSN/e: ryan{at}webgains.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webgains
    Blog: http://usablog.webgains.com
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/WebgainsUSA

I know how it works, trust me.

They have made the conscious choice to do absolutely nothing about it. Amazon, eBay, etc will remove this garbage as they become aware. Alibaba and Aliexpress will not. They know the stuff is criminal and refuse to act. Pathetic.

Their actions are having a profound effect on the precious metals market in this country and they don't care one iota. The precious metals market is only one area they are affecting.

Gucci

Pick any big brand name. They don't care.

Wow, they at least have a reporting form now. We'll see if they act.

This seller has almost 800 listings running right now. At least 95% is counterfeit coins. I find it very difficult to believe no one has reported this seller.
    Last edited by bobby131313; May 13th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.

The internet is rife with claims of Alibaba getting away with this for years now. It's pretty hard to imagine that Webgains is unaware of these reports and has either ignored them or hasn't bothered to dig deeper. Either way...
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

10. Thanks From:

Wink
    The Wall Street Journal seems to be inspired by our conversation
    Here's an article of interest:

Alibaba Expedites Action Against Fakes
    Alibaba Expedites Action Against Fakes - WSJ.com
    Brands say they hope Alibaba will roll out the expedited takedown process to all trademark owners, across Taobao's universe of about eight million mostly small sellers offering 800 million items. That could significantly reduce brand owners' complaints that Taobao is rife with fakes, and deflect criticism ahead of a high-profile U.S. stock listing that Alibaba is planning for later this year.
    Source: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...61941049653988
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Thanks From:

Every time I have ever stumbled onto the alibaba site while shopping for something online (as a buyer, not as an affiliate), many of the items displayed are not even close to being what they say they are. Misrepresentation has been taken to a whole different level on Alibaba. Here's an example that I stumbled upon just last night Pro Custom Made Gibson Les Paul Guitar Case In Low Price - Buy Custom Made Bass Guitars Case,Gibson Electric Guitars Case,Fender Guitar Case Product on Alibaba.com Anybody who gets sucked into buying that for "Les Paul Style Guitars" is going to be VERY disappointed.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

14. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Gilbert View Post
    Every publisher has a choice which retailer and products you choose to promote on the alibaba aliexpress site. There are thousands of reputable manufacturers and millions of products on Aliexpress
    Sure *every* publisher has a choice. But does *any* publisher have the time to sift through every line item to determine which ones are actually what they say they are, and which ones are not? Hell no.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

16. Thanks From:

Brands say they hope Alibaba will roll out the expedited takedown process to all trademark owners, across Taobao's universe of about eight million mostly small sellers offering 800 million items. That could significantly reduce brand owners' complaints that Taobao is rife with fakes, and deflect criticism ahead of a high-profile U.S. stock listing that Alibaba is planning for later this year.
    Source: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...61941049653988
    So I reported this listing. A clear as day counterfeit APMEX silver bar.

Here is the reply I got today...

Dear XXXXX,

We refer to your recent report about suspicious product listing(s).

Please be informed that the reported listing(s) is / are neither prohibited nor controlled item(s) under our Product Listing Policy.
    Like I said, they don't care.... even though they say they do.

18. Thanks From:

19. Newsletter Signup