...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Questionable Transactions
    How often do you question the merchant/network about:

Returns/Reversals
    0.00 sale amounts
    0.00 commission amounts
    Non-Commisionable sales (as in LS)

Do you have an easy method? Bulk upload? Any time you see one? Do you just shoot your account manager an email?

Thanks!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

In general, I only question reversals when I feel that there is a pretty good chance I'm being cheated. I have had some luck (with commissions being re-instated) when it is a script error on the merchant's side of things.

For the most part, protesting doesn't do any good.

The number and dollar amounts of reversals for my website have been really going up in 2014, so much so that its starting to impact my earnings for the first 10 days of the month. I'm not sure there is much I can do about it other than dropping the merchants with reversal rates that are too high.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    The number and dollar amounts of reversals for my website have been really going up in 2014, so much so that its starting to impact my earnings for the first 10 days of the month. I'm not sure there is much I can do about it other than dropping the merchants with reversal rates that are too high.
    That's what we're seeing. Took some time today to compare to 2013 - it's really bad this year.

Zappos and 6PM have been replaced as the return King and Queen with Macy's and Nordstrom. Macy's is on the fence with us. May have to get into some other niches they offer to offset the fashion returns. However, will really be upset if their non-fashion returns are even remotely close - especially after all the work it takes to put up other 'niches'...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    That's what we're seeing. Took some time today to compare to 2013 - it's really bad this year.
    So we are both seeing the same thing... I see three options...

1) Economy is slowing and people are becoming more tentative with their purchases. (I think this is true)

2) Merchants have gotten better at reversals for some reason. New 3rd party software that helps?

3) Re-Targeting is somehow stealing sales by causing a reversal and a re-purchase from another vendor. How about this re-targeting scenario. You have two product links to different merchants and the user clicks them both. They make the purchase from one, but the other has flagged them for re-targeting and keeps after them until the re targeted offer becomes better than the purchased offer. This results is a return and a purchase from the second merchant.

What do you think?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I'll go with 2 & 3 - highly plausible.

Our sales have really taken a sharp climb after Christmas. Think the Google has done a better job of killing off weaker sites - because we haven't done things much different since before the holidays...

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread