Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Announcing the ABW Community Leader Affiliatehound
    Very happy to officially announce that Phil Kaufman (but still AffiliateHound) will become the new ABW Community Leader! Phil has been a member since 2007 and very active on the forum. As well as being an Affiliate Marketer, Writer, Reader, and City Commissioner he is an avid sports fan. Phil will continue to work toward long term viability of the forum, foster community conversation and be the spokes person at Affiliate Summits. Let's all give Phil a warm welcome in this new role and support his vision.
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; May 19th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hello Everyone, and thanks, Chuck,

When I first found A Best Web eight or nine years ago, I was surprised to find this amazing resource. I had not known that affiliate marketing was as big as it was, and that there was a place like A Best Web where someone could come and find the information needed to succeed in the industry; that there was a repository of material on virtually every aspect of the industry, and where the latest, hottest issues were outlined and debated. It was also a place where relationships were formed, relationships among the movers and shakers of the industry and among the neophytes striving to gain a foothold, relationships that would withstand the passage of time and the strains of competition.

But things changed, and politics, drama, and an overriding aura of discord seemed to be new constants, sometimes subverting the industry itself to second-class status.

While I realize that it is impossible to resurrect the past, I would like to try to build a new ABW, featuring much of what it used to be - a place where people in the industry will feel comfortable in visiting, where they will not be insulted or have silly, vitriolic arguments thrust upon them, but rather a place where they can find answers and information, where relationships can be built, rather than be destroyed.

As to the divide that has split A Best Web apart, I have remained neutral and retained friendships with those on both sides. One of my strong interests in moving forward is not just attracting new, active members, but also in trying to bring back many of the prior, active, outgoing members who have chosen to spend their time elsewhere over the past few years.

The industry needs a place where veterans can learn about unfolding issues that effect us all, and where these matters can be discussed and solutions found. It needs a place where newbies can be exposed to the right way to approach the industry, where they can find the resources they need, and where they can be introduced to many of the people with whom they will be working for years to come.

I have many ideas about how to accomplish much of this and about how generally to expand the membership of A Best Web and about how to engage and intrigue members to return often and participate freely. While this will be an ongoing process, it will be build around the following:

1. The drama is over. The past is the past. We will move on, focused on the affiliate marketing industry, and leaving divides, insults, and antagonism to the past. Arguments will revolve around differing opinions on industry issues and not be about personalities or personal beliefs;

2. Anyone who knows me knows that I am heavily involved in politics, and that I write a very opinionated and partisan political blog. But, I feel strongly that political discussion or comment is a divisive and unnecessary presence on a business-oriented forum. I believe that political discussions belong on political forums and on political blogs, and not here, and that snide comments, tangential to an industry discussion and meant to either make a political point or to incite others, are improper and no longer are welcome. Similarly, threads opened for the sole and direct purpose of discussing political issues that have no relevance to affiliate marketing issues will, as they once were, no longer be acceptable;

3. Members who post comments in private forums will not have to worry about threads being moved to an area of public access. If a thread begins in a private or restricted forum, it will stay there;

4. There is a need to review and update many of the formal forum rules and less formal procedures, including the issue of banning contributing members. That will be one of my priorities.

I welcome input and suggestions from all who are interested in seeing A Best Web move in this direction, expand its presence, and reach its potential as an even greater force in the affiliate marketing industry.

Phil Kaufman, but still AffiliateHound
    phil@abestweb.com
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Love it. Congratulations.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Thanks, Greg.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Congrats Phil!

I'm excited to see where your leadership takes this crazy ship.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

7. Thanks From:

Congratulations, Phil! I'm glad an existing, active member has taken over. Amen to the end of the drama! Let's hope we can get some of the old contributors back into the fold.

9. Thanks From:

Thank you, Wade.

I will do my best to avoid the Bermuda Triangle.

Thanks, Skunky

Congratulations Phil!!!! Thanks for stepping up to take the helm!
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Congrats Phil, looking forward to a bigger, better and more informative ABW (no offense Chuck).
    Cindy Ballard, VP of Operations, Greg Hoffman Consulting
    Follow Me on Twitter @cingroomer
    My blog, www.oldfartlife.com

14. Thanks From:

Thank you, Jed, Cindy.

Congratulations Phil. Over the years I've come to value your knowledge, respect your opinions and enjoy your insights.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

17. Thanks From:

Now would also be a great time to add my thanks to Chuck for doing what must have been a thankless job at times.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Perfect choice!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Thank you very much, rematt, and I second your motion.

Quote Originally Posted by rematt View Post
    Now would also be a great time to add my thanks to Chuck for doing what must have been a thankless job at times.

-rematt
    Ditto
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

22. Thanks From:

thanks, leeann

Congratulations.

As a relative newbie I find the forum very useful. I wish you all the best and hope you succede in growing the comunity.

@Chuck - Thanks for all your hard work, you've done a good job. Good luck with your new ventures.

25. Thanks From:

Thanks, Ritchie.

Congratulations, Phil. Kick some butt!

And thanks, Chuck, for the work you've done.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DimGray"][B]Online Marketing Manager[/B] (tom.featherstone at surlatable dot com)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]Sur La Table - The Art and Soul of Cooking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

28. Thanks From:

Thank you, Tom.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thank you everyone!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Congrats, Phil. I know your passion for the industry will show through in all you do!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thank you, Jeannine.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown!

Oh, wait, I mean Phil. CONGRATZ and THANKS.

Now grab the helm and keep ABW out of Wade's Bermuda Triangle. And I'll be raising that toast with the "good stuff" about 10:00 (Eastern) this evening.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast