Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    Draft Lottery Tonight!
    It is a big night for Celtics fans. We just endured one of the worst season in franchise history, and now have around a 10% chance for the #1 pick. I love that the NBA has a draft lottery and doesn't just award the worst team with the best pick. It may not completely stop tanking, but it has slowed it down.

Im anxious, nervous and readying myself for the 5 or 6 pick. A certain new admin is experiencing the same feeling with the Lakers. How are you feeling about the draft lottery, Phil?
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Not "fair" that the Spurs don't have another crack at the lottery <snicker>.

Have been a fan since the ABA and "Iceman Cometh" days...

Go Spurs!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I think the Spurs are on their way to another title this year, Convergence. The Spurs were the luckiest team in the lottery that I can remember. The Admiral goes down with injuries, the spurs stink, land tim duncan in the draft, and the rest is history. I wanted the Celts to get him SO badly that year. This year Im just hoping to get one of those top three picks. Id love it if the Celtics could land Jabari Parker. The kids got it all.

I didn't know you were in Brighton. I've lived in Breckenridge for 5 years now.
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    I didn't know you were in Brighton. I've lived in Breckenridge for 5 years now.
    Thought you were in Tennessee, lol.

Breckenridge is great - especially this time of year...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I don't know, Brent, I just do not see any of these guys as being transformational players. Parker is a fabulous offensive talent but plays zero defense. Embiid is a major risk with his back problems. Commentators around here have been infatuated with Exum, but who has actually seen him play? If I had the choice, I'd probably go with the best, healthiest, overall talent, Wiggins, but he's going to have to put on some weight and muscle.

But for the Lakers, I'd prefer if they could pull off a trade, and I'd give the pick, regardless of where it is, in a deal to to Minn for Love in an instant. It looks like he will be traded, but it sounds like Golden State has the inside track.

More later.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I loved that Parker played center at Duke. I think he is going to be a lot like Carmello Anthony. Great offensive game, decent rebounder but doesn't play much D.

Love is an interesting player. The Celtics are certainly interested in him. I won't be happy if the Lakers get him!!! Golden State has the pieces to make a deal for him. I've read that Love will only sign a deal with a California based franchise. Boston is about as far away from Socal as you can get! I don't like our chances at landing him unfortunately.

Exum compared his game to part Ginoboli and part Russ Westbrook. If true he could be the steal of the draft.
    Brent Elias

Here it is:

1. Cleveland
    2. Milwaukee
    3. Philadelphia
    4. Orlando
    5. Utah
    6. Boston
    7. Lakers
    8. Sacramento
    9. Charlotte
    10. Philadelphia
    11. Denver
    12. Orlando
    13. Minnesota
    14. Phoenix

Biggest losers? Boston and the Lakers.

No doubt that Cleveland will blow it again. Who is this year's Anthony Bennett?
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; May 20th, 2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

UGH. Worst case scenario. I can't believe cleveland got the first pick AGAIN! Unreal. They won't waste it like they did taking Bennett last year, that's for sure.

With the six pick, it looks like we will target either Randle, Vonleh or Aaron Gordon. Three nice prospects, that will be solid players. None of them are the game changer that the first three picks could be. Looks like it will be another long year for us Celtics fans.
    Brent Elias

Im glad Philly didn't get the one pick. They obviously tanked all year long, and didn't deserve the pick.
    Brent Elias

Brent, the top radio talk guys in LA (John Ireland who does Lakers' play-by-play, and Steve Mason) just proposed this: Lakers trade the 7th pick to Boston for Rondo, and then Boston sends #6 & #7 to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving.

What if instead the Lakers trade Pau Gasol to Boston for #6 and they get Irving for #s 6 & 7? Of course LA would have to re-sign Gasol first or he will be an unrestricted FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent E. View Post
    UGH. Worst case scenario. I can't believe cleveland got the first pick AGAIN! Unreal. They won't waste it like they did taking Bennett last year, that's for sure.
    Cavs need vets to improve very quickly - bet they trade that No. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman but still AffiliateHound View Post
    Brent, the top radio talk guys in LA (John Ireland who does Lakers' play-by-play, and Steve Mason) just proposed this: Lakers trade the 7th pick to Boston for Rondo, and then Boston sends #6 & #7 to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving.

What if instead the Lakers trade Pau Gasol to Boston for #6 and they get Irving for #s 6 & 7? Of course LA would have to re-sign Gasol first or he will be an unrestricted FA.
    Id rather have Rondo than kyrie Irving. At least Rondo plays defense.

I think Gasol is all washed up. I loved his game when he was in his prime, but we need to get younger, not older.
    Brent Elias

I think Pau has a lot left. He was a lost dog this past season and he had this virus or something that gave him vertigo off and on for much of the year that really affected his play and playing time. Boston is probably not the right fit for him, but on the right team, he could be the difference like he was when he first came to the Lakers. But I have not ruled out his still being HERE next season, especially with D'Antoni gone.

I think Pau has a lot left. He was a lost dog this past season and he had this virus or something that gave him vertigo off and on for much of the year that really affected his play and playing time. Boston is probably not the right fit for him, but on the right team, he could be the difference like he was when he first came to the Lakers. But I have not ruled out his still being HERE next season, especially with D'Antoni gone.
    I could actually see Pau coming back in the right situation and being effective. I thought the Suns should have traded for him last year when they were making a run at the playoffs.

I hope the Celtics trade for Love, sign Gasol as a free agent, and hold onto Rondo. That would be a fun, competitive team to watch.

I still can't believe D'Antoni gave up all that money. Who are you hoping the Lakers get as their new head coach?
    Brent Elias

I really do not want to see yet another re-tread like D'Antoni, Mike Brown, or Rudy Tomjanovitch, but I do not want someone with no NBA head coaching experience - the Lakers are not a training ground. The perfect person is a guy in his 40s, whose coached in the NBA for two or three years.

The guy out campaigning for the job, who sort of fits the profile, is Byron Scott, but for some reason I have never liked him.

The guy I would pick, but who does have a job which would complicate things, is Brian Shaw.

A guy with no experience who I think will eventually make a great coach and who I think will get the Knicks' job, is Derek Fisher.

You can have Brian Shaw. Hasn't done anything for the Nuggets.

Course, I think he may end up in NY...

I really do not want to see yet another re-tread like D'Antoni, Mike Brown, or Rudy Tomjanovitch, but I do not want someone with no NBA head coaching experience - the Lakers are not a training ground. The perfect person is a guy in his 40s, whose coached in the NBA for two or three years.

The guy out campaigning for the job, who sort of fits the profile, is Byron Scott, but for some reason I have never liked him.

The guy I would pick, but who does have a job which would complicate things, is Brian Shaw.

A guy with no experience who I think will eventually make a great coach and who I think will get the Knicks' job, is Derek Fisher.

George Karl or Jeff Van Gundy could be a nice fit. I've never been overly impressed with Byron Scott. Brian Shaw still has some learning to do, and Derek Fisher could benefit from being an assistant for a few years before taking over the reigns of a team like the Lakers.

I am a big fan of the Celtics new coach, Brad Stevens. I hope we give him a few years to see what he can do.
    Brent Elias

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post

Course, I think he may end up in NY...
    NY may have to make Carmelo Anthony player coach if they want him to sign a long term deal.
    Brent Elias

I always liked Karl, and I thought he could have ended up as the Clippers coach a year ago before they made the deal for Doc.

Denver should have kept Karl...

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread