Facebook Viral Image Posts (no more?)
    So last year I had a decent amount of luck posting images to Facebook with some sort of caption, spending a few bucks to promote them and then having them take on a life of their own via viral likes and shares. I always enjoyed doing this because it was a fun "game". Ha, sometimes I think Facebook advertising has more to do hooking advertisers with game theory than actually grabbing customers.

Anyway, lately I've had zero luck with the promoted image thing. I assume it is a Facebook algo change. Does this technique still work for anyone?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Yes, it still works but we haven't had to pay to promote those posts. Here, read through this thread for some other answers: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/blogg...nt-174338.html
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    True, not that much has changed. In fact, FB has become more important to those who are looking to reach more people, groups and potential customers. Adding a compelling image is really the key factor in getting their attention.

However, you may want to try some of the promoted posts and giveaways to really get the conversation exciting. The images within posts are also showing strong stats within G+, which reaches more of our business crowd.

One other relevant tip/tool is Hootsuite. Using their dashboard is an easy way to access all of our accounts at once. We set up keyword searches and know when our brand is mentioned, so we can be on top of it when there is any negativity.

Using their publishing feature you can load up those posts for FB & G+ with images for posting at scheduled times throughout the day/month. It's extremely efficient in bringing all those functions together and at a glance in moments.

As Bill noted at the end of that thread, it is important to respond and make your presence be known. Maybe you need to make those posts more personal. Have you tried using questions, trivia or games in conjunction with your post containing an image?
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR, [URL="http://bit.ly/1oapxzB"]Boost Affiliates[/URL]

5. Thanks From:

I've been using hootsuite for about three weeks It's Ok.... I'm not using it for facebook posts, just twitter and g+. I prefer to use facebook's native scheduling with corresponding targeting. I find the hootsuite UI to be rather bad/frustrating, but I did need the scheduling features.

I've had decent luck getting social with my fans, but like I said, getting 10's of thousands of viral impressions with non-fans just isn't happening anymore. Are we all talking the same scale?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you find that you can post once with Hootsuite and copy that to the other social networks then tweak. Rather than going to each and posting one at a time?

I am using Twitter linked to Facebook and would like to link to G+ but don't want to just report everything. Twitter is feeding to FB now but it doesn't feed to G+.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Do you find that you can post once with Hootsuite and copy that to the other social networks then tweak. Rather than going to each and posting one at a time?

I am using Twitter linked to Facebook and would like to link to G+ but don't want to just report everything. Twitter is feeding to FB now but it doesn't feed to G+.
    My facebook and G+ posts are the same. Twitter requires more work. I'm doing tagging for twitter in a rather haphazard manner, but I'm trying. Not doing tagging for facebook or g+

I know you're talking about advertising, but I wonder if the change to the Newsfeed algo in January has something to do with it.

For anyone interested in specifics:
    Facebook News Feed Algorithm Change Reduces Visibility of Page Updates - SEW

It's possible the placement has changed.. or the user's eye is not going where it used to.

I've seen some unusual stats lately myself - random posts getting an excessive number of views. They're not necessarily hot topic posts, nor is there an increase in likes to back up the numbers.

Now is verry hard to promote someting with facebook, they change the algorithm in they favor.. to get more money from ads!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread