Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Exclamation Important Information for Waterford Affiliates
    In an email sent out this evening, WWRD (Waterford) gave notice that effective TODAY, May 26, their site was shutting down, to be replaced by four separate sites, each dedicated to one of their four brands, Waterford, Wedgwood, Royal Daulton and Royal Albert.

THE BAD NEWS: The new sites will not be active for awhile, but will be introduced one at a time, through the month of June.

So, affiliates, the worst case scenario, remove your links now, then go back, later on, to replace them. Double the work, double the aggravation.

They did say that all current affiliates will automatically be enrolled in the FOUR SEPARATE AFFILIATE PROGRAMS that will be begun as the four sites become active.

There is one small bit of GOOD NEWS: The new programs will offer a bump to a 10% commission level for sales through September 30.

If anyone was aware of this before tonight, I'd like to know. I do not recall (and I think I would recall) seeing any prior notice, but I could have missed it, I guess.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

It was already shut down by the time I received the email. Email time: 11:45 PM.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Can't understand why merchants like this don't create the sites, then the programs, then create accounts for all active affiliates in the new programs. Then redirect existing links to the new pages in the correct programs. Finally asking affiliate to methodically update links.

We run a monthly report in a particular network that identifies broken links. Then work with affiliates to get these updates and converting. It benefits both parties for continuity and conversion.

The first new site - for the Waterford brand - is up and the affiliate program open. Affiliates of the previous program should have received a private offer for this first new program. So, you'll need to go to LS "Private Offers" to accept or if not received, go to the merchant page and apply.

Three additional programs yet to come.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

The second new Waterford program is now active: Royal Albert.

Old Waterford affiliates should have been automatically enrolled.

Two more to go.

Wedgwood is now active - number three of four.

Old Waterford affiliates should be in automatically - no need to accept offer.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread