60 Rare Photos Destroy Everything You Knew About the Past
    These 60 Rare Photos Will Destroy Everything You Knew About The Past. Mind = Blown.

This is a great collection. I was surprised that The Godfather was made in 1972 - I would have guessed mid-80s and that the Beatles last concert was in 1969. I still don't believe that one. Also, the youngest picture that I've ever seen of Bridgette Bardot is in the mix along with a picture of Clinton (who still has the same expression today) meeting John F. Kennedy. Also, I never before saw a picture of Robin Williams dressed like a cheerleader. Enjoy!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Those are great. Just watched Jobs and funny to see him laughing with Bill Gates after the call he made in the movie. Not sure what the difference was in years.

Indeed, interesting.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Fabulous.

My favorite is the lion, just standing there, waiting for its cue, not eating anyone.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman but still AffiliateHound View Post
    Fabulous.

My favorite is the lion, just standing there, waiting for its cue, not eating anyone.
    Funny you say that, as I recall didn't it later do just that?
    Off to google it ...
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

How bout that ... urban legend. ahem ... never mind
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

8. Thanks From:

Thanks for that link, leeann!

But, nevermind those photos...

After checking out the link to the Optical Illusions section on that page...

I have wasted a lot of time and brain cells, trying to figure out how the middle dancer is spinning...

"Is the middle dancer spinning clockwise or counterclockwise? The answer is both." - These Optical Illusions Destroyed My Brain. For Some Reason, I Can't Look Away...

Love the trip down memory lane...& beyond. Oh, the distractions :-)

Love the link to 30 Most Beautiful Small Towns.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post

yes! I found that, too. very nice.
    The internet is a fad.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyUnltd View Post
    Love the trip down memory lane...& beyond. Oh, the distractions :-)

I'll have to check it out. I love small towns. One of my favorite places that I've lived was right outside of Sheffield, MA where there was this wonderful covered bridge. Sheesh, that was years ago... really seems like it was in another lifetime. The area was very small townish then. Not sure what it is like today.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Agree with everyone, very interesting and had to go look at the small towns as well. lol WOW, they're all really beautiful !! Loved the lil Bavarian like town in Washington.

I've been to number 15, Leavenworth, Washington. Great place to visit, about 3 hours east of Seattle. It's a beautiful drive through the mountains, but when we drove there it was just as a major fire was being contained and the air was putrid with smoke.

Leavenworth is maintained like an old Bavarian village, and reminded me very much of Solvang, Ca, the Danish village outside of Santa Barbara.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

purplebear - you posted while I was typing.

Is Leavenworth made up of people originally from there or did someone just get the idea to make it resemble it?

Is Solvang made up of people from there as well or just to resemble it. If I could visit anywhere in the world that part of the world and England, Wales, Scotland, etc. would be it and then I'd probably never want to return home. Considering I've never even been on a plane tho, don't think that will happen.

Solvang is a real Danish community that was founded by a group of Danish teachers over a hundred years ago. I've been there many times, and one of the reasons it has had a pretty good history of economic success is that nestled among the old European style shops, bakeries, restaurants, and craft studios, have been several outlet stores that were there many yeas pre-dating the development of modern outlet malls.

Leavenworth, on the other hand, was a small timber community dating back to around 1900. In the 1960s, it was rebuilt as a replica of a Bavarian village.

18. Thanks From:

Oooooh, I love the way Solvang sounds Definitely think would be a great place to live

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Very cool!

What's so odd about a dog wearing a suit?

And yes, no office should be without an iced cold whiskey machine.

Banned
    Interesting post. Really enjoying my time here you guys. Thanks for being mellow and focused. I felt such a great sense of calm today knowing I'm connecting to a network of Marketeers with a particular interest. Looking forward to the next big thing!

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread