Can some tell me the following:

Some CJ Merchants offer Performance Incentives. If you go for instance to Bevmo.com (http://members.cj.com/member/account...chantid=950846) you will see that they offer 60% if you sell for more than $1,000 and 100% if you sell for more than $5,000. The 1st tier (>$1,000) show status live. The >$5,000 doesn't show a status at all. Why does the 2nd one even show up?

I am sure that we hit in Dec 02 much more than $5,000 but our bonus was only for 60%.

Thanks

Bruno

I think there is some inconsistency about perf. incentives and how they are explained/understood by merchants. With the result being misleading figures are posted on some merchants info page.

Warning bells should go off when you see 60% and 100% commission rates. That is obviously not accurate - no merchant would give you 100% commission or even 60%. What the merchant means is that for every sale past the $1000 plateau you get a 60% increase over the base rate, in this case it would be 8%. The same for sales past the $5000 plateau - you get a 100% increase, in this case to 10%. This bonus is applied to your account 2 months later, to allow for reversals.

PS. I just noticed that you say you did get a 60% bonus, is that true? Because I think if you crunch the numbers again you will find the 5%,8%,10% structure was in effect.

Bruno, looks to me like that particular performance incentive was put in place for Feb 1st through May 1st, so maybe back in December their performance plan only had the lower tier.

Mark Mitford

[This message was edited by Mark Mitford on March 14, 2003 at 11:45 AM.]

Performance incentives change the original rate you were already paid on. For example: advertiser X pays a base commission of 5% on sales. They offer an incentive of 50% for achieving sales equal to or greater than 100 sales. You generate 101 sales in a given month earning you $250 in commissions at 5%. The 50% performance incentive increases your commission from 5% to 7.5%. You are paid a performance incentive of $125 to adjust your commissions to the 7.5% tier. Performance incentives are calculated after the month in which they were earned, so you are paid the increase on all sales within the month, not just the ones above the performance tier.

I hope this clears things up.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Todd's smart.

This does still not answer the question about the tier without a Status. Is it live or is it not?

Thanks

Carsten

Shop-Links.net Partner
    Shop-Links.net

If you can't move things, try harder!

The "live" message refers to that whole performance structure (in this case both tiers). You need to look at the dates to see when it applies. The one in the link above is for Feb, Mar and Apr, so presumably they had a different performance incentive structure back in December.

Mark......

ABW Ambassador
    I really understand the live status issue, it a CJ design bug, the second tier loose some property issues, the bug started in the last CJ design update, a couple of months ago, I reported it to some merchants at first, then I got used to the new buggy format, but it's really very confusing, here is a screen shot for you to understand, I'm surprised Todd didn't catch the thing..

Fer

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread