Question about Exclusive Codes
    Hello Forum:

I was just wondering how I can get access to exclusive codes for retailers? Would I have to contact the retailer directly?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gordy; June 5th, 2014 at 11:24 AM.

Welcome to ABW!

Yes, you would need to contact the affiliate manager. Depending on the program, most only do exclusive codes for larger, more well known sites.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

3. Thanks From:

Thank you Michael for your response. That would the affiliate manager for that specific retailer, would that be correct? What are the chances of them working with new startup website?

Yes, the affiliate manager for the merchant. For most merchants, the chances would be fairly slim unless you have a proven track record or a promising business proposition, or something to offer them in return.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thank you once again Michael. How does one contact the affiliate manager for the merchant regarding a business proposition? I must apologize for these questions that I don't know the answer to.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Start with OPMs and we have a whole section of them here. One point of contact that may be able to get you a dozen exclusives at once.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
    How does one contact the affiliate manager for the merchant regarding a business proposition?
    Look at the program details for contact information - usually found, if they want to be found, on each network in which you belong...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Please excuse me for the delay in response. Between my laptop kept giving me the "blue death screen" and work I haven't been on the computer much.

Thanks Michael. Chuck and Convergence for the helpful advice.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    To help further manage expectations, if you're going to request an exclusive code or vanity code, you need to be generating business, most likely for the merchant you're asking or for a competitor and be able to back up your request with data on what you expect to bring in terms of increased business as well as info on what you're planning to do to promote the code.

If you're just getting started, you'd be better served working on your content and traffic and working off the publicly available coupons and deals in the deal feeds from the networks until you build a record of success than approaching OPM's and affiliate managers asking for your own codes.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Thanks AffiliateWarrior for the helpful advice. Much appreciation.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    If nothing else, at least have a good plan for what you'd like to do that is well conceived and brings some value... and "I'm going to build the biggest and best coupon/deal platform in the world" doesn't count. We get that at least 10x a day. Focus on something that will let you stand out... if you're going to do the coupon/deal thing, find a niche you can work and do well. (Props to DrCool for that tip)
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

13. Thanks From:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread