Thread: WP Sites with SellFire Plug-in are OffLine

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Exclamation WP Sites with SellFire Plug-in are OffLine
    Something has happened with the Sellfire Plug-in to knock WP sites that have it installed offline - cannot even access Adm area.

It only displays this message:

"
    Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /home/-------/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sellfire-affiliate-store-builder/sellfire.php on line 109

"

I've sent email to Sellfire support.

Does anyone have any info or understand this at all?
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; June 6th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I don't know specifically about the Sellfire plugin, but a way to get access to the admin panel might be to use an ftp client to connect to the site, navigate to wp-content/plugins/, and rename "sellfire-affiliate-store-builder".

It won't fix the Sellfire issue - they'll probably have to update the plugin to do that, but it may give you access to admin, and make the site visible (but unfortunately broken, until the plugin is fixed.)

Thanks Skunky, I wasn't able to use your suggestion.

I did contact my host this morning, and they walked me through how to get in and rename-disable the plug-in. It worked for two of three three sites, but the third one that built with Headway, is still off line. I need to get help from Headway support to get that one fixed.

Three days and counting and NO response from Sellfire.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

So Headway said to delete the Headway folder in themes then I should be able to log in and then to update WP and re-install Headway.

I deleted the Headway folder and was able to log in, but EVERY PAGE- Dashboard, Themes, Plugins, Pages, etc. is BLANK.

Headway support said to rename plugin file but that did nothing.

ABW Ambassador
    If you can get into the Admin section, you can try disabling all the plugins. And then enabling one by one.

If you can't get into Admin, there is an entry in the mysql table for plugins(a web search will give you the exact entry). Then blanking out that record in the mysql table is also same as disabling all the plugin. Then you can reinstall or re-enable them one by one.

It's gone way beyond the plugin issue now. After 1-1/2 hrs with Hostgator chat, it appears that deleting the Headway theme folder was not something that should have been done. They were unable to repair things and the only hope of getting back what was there is if they can to a restore of the last saved backup, which is pending. Of course, that backup was done AFTER the plugin problems began, and even if it works to restore things, I'm only back where I was with the site offline and unable to log in.

I'm not a php developer, but if Hostgator restore the backup, and you can access the site in ftp, try opening sellfire.php and post here what's on line 109. Someone might be able to point to a solution.
    At the end of the day, when my WP sites go belly up, I just delete the whole lot and reinstall from scratch. A whole lot quicker than trying to fix things : - )

Skunky, I'm an idea guy, a creator, a writer, a thinker, a talker, a schmoozer, and definitely NOT a tech guy and absolutely, positively not a php developer.

ABW Ambassador
    I still think you shd try to disable all the plugins in the mysql table. Google "how to disable wp plugins without admin access''. Once all the plugins are disabled, WP will load the default TwetyOne theme if the active theme, in your case Headway, has issues.

Frances Mary Krug
    I agree with Sam on this. I've had similar problems in the past and have nuked the plugins and then gone back and added them one by one to find the culprit. It is a little scary to go into the database I agree, but I think it offers you the option of backing up the database before doing so.

Phil, are you good to go now with this, or is it still a problem? I might be able to help if you still need assistance with it ... sorry I was away when this happened

11. Thanks From:

Thanks, Frances, I'm sending an email.

Frances Mary Krug is a genius!

She did it - got my Headway theme, content, WP Admin panel, all back.

THANK YOU FRANCES!

Frances Mary Krug
    Aw shucks ... I'm hardly a genius. It was just lucky that I'd faced a similar problem with a site about 6 months ago and had figured out how to approach fixing it. Glad I was able to help ... oh yeah, my bill is in the mail (just kidding)

15. Thanks From:

Admit I kinda hurried along in reading this but am I understanding this correctly that Frances Mary is the genius who fixed the problem (and was very nice of her to help) and umm did Sellfire do anything to help solve the problem? Don't want to be critical of them if I'm coming to the wrong conclusion but doesn't appear as they were too helpful?

Heya, Phil. On June 6th you posted that you sent an email to SellFire support. What was their response?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I have never received any response whatsoever from Sellfire. I sent them emails, and I also posted in their site support center.

19. Newsletter Signup