Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Announcing Our Newest Forum - Affiliate Niche
    We have a brand new forum - Affiliate Niche

This is a place to discuss any and all issues related to specific areas of affiliate promotion.

We have started with eight sub-forums for the following popular areas of affiliate promotion:

Clothing and Accessories
    Computers and Electronics
    Financial Services
    Health and Wellness
    Home and Garden
    Sports
    Travel
    Web Services

This is just a start and more specific areas can and will be added - we are open to suggestions.

Note that the Sport sub forum is the existing ABW Sports Fans section that has been moved and re-named.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

So are these for a mix of affiliate niche discussions and off-topic discussions in each area?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Banned
    This is going to be hot!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    So are these for a mix of affiliate niche discussions and off-topic discussions in each area?
    As I see it, any discussion under such niche would relate to a possible promotion idea, and thus nothing, really, would be off-topic so long as it did relate to the category.

For example, if in "ABW Sport Fans" someone started a thread about the NBA Finals, that might be "off-topic" as to affiliate marketing in general, but as it relates to the sport niche, it provides ideas for promoting the apparel and collectibles, and more, of the teams that are contending, and could influence sports affiliates to get ready for promoting the ultimate Champ. If someone mentions what a great series Kawhi Leonard is having, then a lot of people who might not be familiar with him, especially in a series where LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili get the headlines, are going to look for stuff with his name, especially when there is a chance he could even be the series MVP. And, I can see sports apparel merchants coming in with paid announcements, or other advertising methods, to promote WE HAVE KAWHI T-Shirts!

Similarly, if someone in the Computer and Electronics section starts a thread about Apple's upcoming new OS, Yosemite, well, that fits right in with promotions for new MACs and upgrades.

I envision this new forum as being a means of sparking new ideas for promoting your niche, from any and all stories, ideas, news items, developments, etc., in the topic, as well as a place for affiliates, merchants, affiliate managers, OPMs, etc. to discuss direct issues, from their top merchant closing their program to broken images in a datafeed, to how to get hold of an AM, and everything in between.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    This is something discussed with iNet for several years. Great to see you getting this implemented in your first month Phil.

Very nice!

Affiliate Manager Dating_Offers's Avatar
    Looks nice, Phil! Is there going to be anything like this for the Dating niche?
    Alex |[EMAIL="alexl@together.com"] Email Me[/EMAIL] | T: +1 (646) 8202920
    [URL="http://www.togethernetworks.com/"]Visit Corporate Website[/URL] | [URL="http://affiliates.togethernetworks.com/?pid=216370d0"]Join Together Affiliate Network[/URL]

Would love to see the Gift Industry niche added!

This is great guys

You should have a Beauty/Cosmetics category
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

12. Thanks From:

I had a hard time narrowing down the first group of categories to eight - I originally planned on starting with six. Beauty was one of the next groups I figured on adding, and there are some other good suggestions here. I will entertain additional suggestions AFTER there is some good activity in the first group. Lets see some conversations - don't let the naysayers be proven right and make the new dawg have to hang his tail in shame.

I think you're wise not to expand it too quickly.

Have you considered a general forum for "everything else"? From activity in that, you can figure out what other (if any) sub-forums can be justified.

I think Sports, Computers and Pets are the three big no-brainers that many people like to talk about, and you got two of those covered.

Also, if any of the forums don't get much activity, you could fold them into the general one.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Good ideas, Michael.

Automotive Niche would be awesome.

Also, the Dating Niche is a popular option these days. Lots of affiliate programs there.

Thanks,
    Richard Rowe
    OPM | Affiliate Manager | [URL="http://tapautoparts.com/affiliate_program.html"]Total Automotive Performance[/URL]
    Share A Sale

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread