Question New AdWords policies & affiliates
    AdWords has new policies coming soon and this is stated:

Prohibited Practices

Abuse of the Ad Network

We want ads to be useful, varied, relevant and safe for users when serving them across the Google Network. As a result, we don't allow any of the following:
    malicious ads, sites, or apps
    ads promoting sites that offer little unique value to users and are focused primarily on traffic generation
    businesses that attempt to gain an unfair advantage in the ad auction
    businesses that attempt to bypass our review processes
    All of our policies are crafted to protect a high quality user experience, and we've built enforcement systems and processes to prevent ads that fall below these standards from serving. We take any attempts to trick or circumvent our ad review processes very seriously, so play fair.

Examples of abuse of the ad network: promoting content that contains malware; "cloaking" or using other techniques to hide the true destination that users are directed to; "arbitrage" or promoting destinations for the sole or primary purpose of showing ads; promoting "bridge" or "gateway" destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere; advertising with the sole or primary intent of gaining public social network endorsements from the user; "gaming" or manipulating settings in an attempt to circumvent our policy review systems
    So what do you think, will affiliates be able to buy PPC traffic from Google for their websites??

Ref: https://support.google.com/adwordspo.../6008942?hl=en
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I think that it's no different than Google's stance on affiliate sites (and any sites, really) for years. Affiliate sites should provide true value to the end user, and not just be an extra step on the way to a merchant's site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    I think that it's no different than Google's stance on affiliate sites (and any sites, really) for years. Affiliate sites should provide true value to the end user, and not just be an extra step on the way to a merchant's site.
    Agree but that not the issue/question. Affiliate sites are their to send traffic to the merchants sites. So will affiliate site (Any sites with affiliate links) be allowed to buy PPC traffic from Google once these new policies go into effect??
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Agree but that not the issue/question. Affiliate sites are their to send traffic to the merchants sites. So will affiliate site (Any sites with affiliate links) be allowed to buy PPC traffic from Google once these new policies go into effect??
    Since most merchants no longer allow direct to merchant PPC, the majority of legitimate affiliates are directing PPC ads to their own sites where hopefully they are adding some value and provide a compelling reason for the visitor to click through to a merchant's site and buy something. These aren't the sites that Big G is after.

The Goog is after sites that buy an ad for .20 in the hopes that the user will click an ad on their site for .30 (arbitrage). They are after the advertisers that display one site and immediately redirect the user to another site when they click on the ad ("bridge" or "gateway" destinations).

They are after advertisers that are trying to game the system. I don't see anything in these guidelines that will have any effect on legitimate affiliates.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

6. Thanks From:

Glade you read it that way rematt, I hope that is the case.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Terms are always written for the benefit of the writer. Open to interpretation - by the writer...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

9. Thanks From:

I read that and like to think it is interpreted the way Michael describes it.

With that said, in reality, I do believe that Convergence has it exactly right.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

11. Thanks From:

xamples of abuse of the ad network: promoting content that contains malware; "cloaking" or using other techniques to hide the true destination that users are directed to; "arbitrage" or promoting destinations for the sole or primary purpose of showing ads; promoting "bridge" or "gateway" destinations that are solely designed to send users elsewhere; advertising with the sole or primary intent of gaining public social network endorsements from the user; "gaming" or manipulating settings in an attempt to circumvent our policy review systems
    The new wording you highlighted is the same as the old wording. See their current terms (RHS):

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/topic/1308145
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

13. Thanks From:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread