Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    New Make-a-Page Tool: Tremendous Improvement
    I just tried the new and improved Make-a-Page tool and what a fabulous improvement.

I could never, ever get it to work for me in the past, but I just put together a new shop with 150 products in about two minutes and it worked great.

There does appear to be one big bug - the page navigation doesn't seem to be working. That needs to be looked into.

Also, and I don't know if it is the tool setup itself or the particular merchant, but if I clicked to add "short description" to the display, it only repeated the product name with no more detail.

But, what can be done with the new tool and how quick and easy it is to use are great improvements. Congrats on doing this for your affiliates (and merchants).
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Hey Phil - email me the page you put up and I can look into that pagination issue.

On the "short description" - it will depend a little on the Merchants individually as that content pulls direct from the datafeed.

To see a demo/description of all of the new Make-A-Page improvements, check out: Make-A-Page Updated, and a New Feature for Bloggers
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

3. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Thanks, Brian, email sent.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    To see a demo/description of all of the new Make-A-Page improvements, check out: Make-A-Page Updated, and a New Feature for Bloggers
    That looks good
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Phil, on the short descriptions thing, you might bump into that a lot. I know that with us, we've got some products that ended up entered with no description by our products admin team. A lot of them were low price items that didn't really warrant the time. These were causing issues because some networks consider this an error, and reject the processing of the feed after a certain number of issues. To resolve this, we wrote a rule that subbed in the product name. It's not perfect as solutions go, but it helped us get the full feed containing the more important products in.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    The new Make A Page is really good, a substantial improvement that turned a workable basic tool into a real weapon with a ton of flexibility and power. Nicely done SAS team. This is the second major upgrade/new feature from SAS in the last couple of months as the Product Showcase tool that allows affiliates to build their own banner creative/widgets using live product from the feed is a really awesome one as well.

I'm working on some videos now to show Fanatics affiliates how to rock these tools on their sites to build out dynamic creatives that speak to their audience and not rely on our design team for static banners.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Thanks From:

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    If looking for more examples of how to use it - I just posted a "How I Made a Fun, Interactive Creative in 4 Minutes" post which shows how to use some more of the features.

How I Made A Fun Interactive Creative – in 4 Minutes
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread