Remove Out of Stock Items
    So I'm looking into reasons why the number of items in a datafeed might not match the number of items I use on my website. One big reason I see is that out of stock items seem to be persisting FOREVER in some merchant's datafeeds. Why??? I ignore out of stock items, as I assume most other affiliates do. If we didn't then we would just create more confusion with our website visitors. A bad user experience is bad for EVERYONE's business.

Even though I ignore out of stock items, I still have to transfer, read, process those lines. So I'm reading millions upon millions of lines of useless information.

Right now I'm looking at Perfume Worldwide, Inc. which has 26,029 items that are out of stock. So 34% of their datafeed is of no use... Think of the bandwidth we could save by reducing the size of their file by 34%.

AM's and Merchants, please remove out of stock items from your datafeed. We will never show that item if you are looking for an cross-sell or up-sell. Its just taking up bandwidth and processing power.
    Last edited by isellstuff; June 17th, 2014 at 04:45 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

2. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread