why two affiliates track a same order?
    I just found a problem that there were two different affiliates tracked a same order. The transaction ID on SAS were different, but the sale order was the same, all were under our order#100116955, so this makes me very confused. I don't know which affiliate should be paid the commission. I submitted a ticket to SAS 2 days ago, tried to ask them why this happened, but still didn't got their reply, so I hope you guys can help me. Thanks.

Just a guess here, but I would suspect that you have the order tracking pixel on your invoice page that shows both when the customer finishes checking out AND if they go back and look at the invoice, and that sometime after the customer checked out, they had clicked a different affiliate's link and then viewed their invoice.

If that's the case, the FIRST affiliate chronologically is the right one to credit.

There are a number of other possibilities, though, so I would definitely wait to hear back from ShareASale to be sure.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Yeah, you definitely want to check your cart process and make sure that you can't go "back" to your order confirmation page and trigger the pixel again. Also - talk to SAS because there might be a duplicate orders fix they can put into place that can eliminate this.

Give them a call and choose the option for "support for merchants" and they should be able to get you squared away.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Yeah, you definitely want to check your cart process and make sure that you can't go "back" to your order confirmation page and trigger the pixel again. Also - talk to SAS because there might be a duplicate orders fix they can put into place that can eliminate this.

Give them a call and choose the option for "support for merchants" and they should be able to get you squared away.
    Thanks. SAS had replied me, said they will take a look at follow up. and I will wait for their further reply.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I've seen this happen many times over the years in various programs and it generally crops up when like Wade said it's a case of the customer revisiting the post-order confirmation (or thank you for your order) page - either via bookmark or via their browser's cache.

Ask your programmers to put parameters in place to prevent that. On revisit, either re-direct back to homepage so the pixel can't be displayed again, or have a message display that the page is no longer available (I always prefer the former solution rather than the latter and it is what I always recommend).

SAS can ensure you get fixed up if the problem is on their end but likely not.

Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer View Post
    I've seen this happen many times over the years in various programs and it generally crops up when like Wade said it's a case of the customer revisiting the post-order confirmation (or thank you for your order) page - either via bookmark or via their browser's cache.

Ask your programmers to put parameters in place to prevent that. On revisit, either re-direct back to homepage so the pixel can't be displayed again, or have a message display that the page is no longer available (I always prefer the former solution rather than the latter and it is what I always recommend).

SAS can ensure you get fixed up if the problem is on their end but likely not.
    thanks. SAS gave me almost the same answer.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread