Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Where Should You Live?
    Take the quick test to find out Where You Should Live.

I got San Diego, CA, which is 100 miles from here, and where I have spent a lot of time over the years.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I got San Diego, too. There was one question I had to flip a coin on, so I did it again and changed my answer and ended up with Seattle. I'd be cool with either of those. You can imagine how thrilled I am living in Texas instead.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I love Seattle also - I've been there several times over the past few years since by daughter and son-in-law moved there a while back.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I got San Diego and would have chosen Seattle. Are those the only choices?

Where Should You Live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel M. Clark View Post
    You can imagine how thrilled I am living in Texas instead.
    Don't you mean BLESSED?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    You have the tastes of an SF native. You're modern, stylish, and very classy. You should totally live here.
    ROFL.. Um, NO!
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I got San Diego, too. There was one question I had to flip a coin on, so I did it again and changed my answer and ended up with Seattle. I'd be cool with either of those. You can imagine how thrilled I am living in Texas instead.
    I lived in Seattle for over six years and loved it. I've lived in Texas for over 10 years now and we are making a move to Leesburg/Middleburg VA. When I was growing up I moved every couple of years and so did my wife. So we get "antsy" if we stay in one place for too long. Now is our opportunity to explore the east coast more. I'm looking forward to the history. Love, love history.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I was growing up I moved every couple of years and so did my wife. So we get "antsy" if we stay in one place for too long.
    Was a military brat and experienced the same thing. Moving every 2-4 years.

Still get antsy - haven't lived in one house over five years...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I'm looking forward to the history. Love, love history.
    There's definitely a ton of history there. I'm a history lover, too.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I love history also, but I've never moved around much - I've lived my entire life in Los Angeles County. While I've visited about 10-12 states, by far most of the trips I've made out of CA have been to NV or AZ. MrsH was born in Chicago, but moved to LA when she was like 2, and since she and I have both only lived in the same three areas - City of LA, the unincorporated area of LA County that later became the city of West Hollywood, and West Covina. We've been in our current house for 32 years.

Were we to move to my dream area, it would be along California's central coast, somewhere between Santa Barbara and Big Sur.

Born in Milwaukee, moved to St. Joe MO at 10, Kansas City at 22, Chicago at 28, Fort Collins CO at 36 and Park City at 43. I love the mountain west and live in a resort town. Doesn't get better than this unless you know of a place where I can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon without driving more than an hour. And I'm not talking Whistler BC or Sochi!

Honolulu

I've lived in ...

Japan
    Hong Kong
    Kazakhstan
    Israel
    Brooklyn, NY
    Greenwood Lake, NY
    Bergen County, NJ
    Indy, IN
    West Linn, OR
    Hudson, FL
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Laguna Beach, CA

... And it is hard to beat Laguna Beach!!!

So, they keep running you out of town everywhere you go......

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Yep - at every level (town, state, county, country...)

Fred what's your favorite country?

That's a hard one ... been to 32 ish countries and there is charm and allure in all.

Some of my favs are

Austria/Switzerland (Alpine culture @ both)
    Thailand (far north @ Chiang Mai and far south @ Phuket)
    Norway (west coast fjord regions)
    Argentina/Chile (Patagonia region @ both)

Quote Originally Posted by Frances Mary Krug View Post

Then I took the Who Were You During the Renaissance (since I'm a history buff) and turned out to be William Shakespeare (I've even got my own smilie!)
    I got Willie, too.

San Francisco & Copernicus. Visited San Francisco many moons ago, did like it & I'm not a city person. Lived in NYC for about 2 decades, but that's when I was young and a lot more crazy. Oh...I'm in the aff biz. Guess the "still crazy after all these years" still applies, lol!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    Don't you mean BLESSED?
    I dunno man, but there might be something to that in a roundabout way... I'm like Michael Corleone with this place - just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. Since 1990:

Rhode Island > Houston > Florida > Houston > Florida > New Mexico > Houston.

I keep ending up back here! I'm a godless heathen, but it's almost enough to make me think there's something out there demanding I be a frickin' Texan.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

21. Thanks From:

Rhode Island > Houston > Florida > Houston > Florida > New Mexico > Houston.
    Honestly Daniel, if you are feeling conflicted by Texas/Houston, you need to move to Austin. Austin is a liberal oasis with great food, great music, great barbecue (barbecue is not just food) and lots of high tech. We used to have two great lakes. Kindof down to 1 and 1/3 lakes now... Yeah, water is a problem.

FYI, I was in Newport Rhode Island for a few days a couple of weeks ago. We had lots of fun. I ate a lot of lobster and a lot of good Italian food.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Honestly Daniel, if you are feeling conflicted by Texas/Houston, you need to move to Austin. Austin is a liberal oasis with great food, great music, great barbecue (barbecue is not just food) and lots of high tech. We used to have two great lakes. Kindof down to 1 and 1/3 lakes now... Yeah, water is a problem.

FYI, I was in Newport Rhode Island for a few days a couple of weeks ago. We had lots of fun. I ate a lot of lobster and a lot of good Italian food.
    It's a possibility, but right now I'm stuck here. My family (my parents and my sister and her husband and kids) as well as my wife's family (her parents and both her sisters and their husbands and kids) are all here. And we wanted (free babysitting) our kids to get to know their extended family growing up. But I've long said that as soon as the kids are grown and out of the house we're outta here.

I do miss Newport. I had some amazing weekends there growing up - we'd sail down to Newport from Barrington with a bunch of friends, it was fantastic.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I got Seattle, but I think I'd prefer Portland. Me and my wife still haven't decided if we are moving to the US, but tha't the city we are thinking of. Anyone on abestweb from there?

I got San Diego and Michelangelo

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    While I'm a big fan of the traffic congestion and smog of West Covina - LOL - I'm glad I did Vegas for 15 years. It was truly a fantasy world.

I did San Diego for a year - best all around climate and naturally beautiful. But over the years it has become Los Angeles South.

and... avoid Mississippi in the summer! You were warned!

Best/Billy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast