Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    West Covina, CA
    Travel Affiliates: Do You Promote World Landmarks?
    TravelAdvisor has come out with their lists of 2014's top 25 landmarks for the world and for the US.

For the world, the list includes Machu Picchu, the Great Cathedral and Mosque in Cordoba, Spain, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Ancient City Walls in Dubrovnik, Croatia.

For the US, included are Gettysburg National Military Park, Lincoln Memorial and Reflecting Pool, Golden Gate Bridge, and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.

Do you travel affiliates promote landmarks or lists of landmarks? Will you now?

See the complete lists.
    Last edited by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound; June 20th, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

Myrtle Beach SC
    Travel isn't just hotels and motels! Bill and I have several local "landmark" sites we promote.

I have a handful of local niche info travel sites, living in a tourist town, I'm finding there are lots of different ways to promote local travel landmarks mixing it with local "touristy" stuff.

Depending on how detailed you want to get with the site, it can be a fairly involved and time consuming. Plus, once the site is live, there is the constant updating one must do to keep the site fresh and relevant.

4. Thanks From:

Mansfield, TX
    They say to sell the sizzle, not the steak. The hotels (and even the landmarks) are they steaks. The family memories are the sizzle.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Denver, CO
    Plus some of the local attractions could have affiliate programs!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Plus some of the local attractions could have affiliate programs!
    Yup, Joey (beachcom) and I are using Ripley's Ticketing in Myrtle Beach (where we collaborate on a couple of sites and an active Facebook Page). I also use Ripley's in Baltimore and Ocean City, MD. We also find that AdSense does a pretty good job of showing relevant ads and produces (some nice) payouts with EVERY click.

Heh - we even sell a "few" beach-theme checks and urban-theme checks on our sites. The "City Girl" theme works well for Baltimore. Myrtle Beach even has a couple of unique designs using actual area photographs (by Bill Swartwout Photography).

Last edited by Bill; June 21st, 2014 at 09:11 PM.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread