ABW Ambassador
    CafePress Datafeed Missing Products
    I notice that with the Cafepress datafeed it does not include many of my own products that I designed and have listed on Cafepress with affiliate Opt-in. What is the reason for them only including some products and not others?
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    I downloaded the CJ one which is much larger, actually it is too big which is now another problem and I will write about that on the CJ forum now...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Hmmm...don't mean to change the focus of your post, but...

I've just been taking a serious look at CafePress for creating ancillary products for my art photography. I looked (because of what you asked) and couldn't find how to designate my products as opting in to the affiliate datafeed. Can you (or anyone else who may read this) point me in the right direction, please. Thanks.

BTW - I have been using CafePress as an affiliate through the CJ program BECAUSE of the larger feed - and it being in PopShops.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

4. Thanks From:

You may want to look into Zazzle for that angle. Whether your items get included in their feed or not, there are a lot of people out there who use their share feature to promote other people's stuff on their sites.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I've just been taking a serious look at CafePress for creating ancillary products for my art photography. I looked (because of what you asked) and couldn't find how to designate my products as opting in to the affiliate datafeed. Can you (or anyone else who may read this) point me in the right direction, please. Thanks.
    This is a problem for me too. I could not see any of my designs in the ShareAsale feed and the CJ one is so big (over a gig) I can not open the whole thing but I did open a large chunk of it and I could not find my designs after a search for a few of them. I have also read on my post on that board that there is a way to view the file which I will try over the next few days. I do know that with cafepress you have to make sure the affiliate opt out box in your store options is not ticked too.

@ davidh - Thanks. I have begun looking through the Zazzle offerings and have applies to be an aff at CJ.

@ glittered - I've been a CafePress aff at CJ for a while and have three "old" shops built. I was able to find those product in the feed by doing a product search in the CJ interface. I just typed in some product names and they are all there. A new shop that I just built last week is not - nor do I expect it to be there so quickly.

I have gotten back to my "photography" roots and am having a blast. I've even sold a couple of my art prints at Imagekind - so want to branch out to ancillary products. That's why I'm (once again) looking at CafePress and (now) Zazzle.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

9. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I have been selling my art and photography through Zazzle for years. They offer affiliate programs through CJ and have an Indie program. Many of my sales are referred by affiliates. I would recommend selling your products through Zazzle as well.

11. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Bill, I searched through the CJ interface but could not find any of my products on there. I have now written to Cafepress and will wait for an answer about this.

ladybug, that is my plan to get my own products sold through other affiliates as well. I have also built a datafeed type shop with Wordpress and some plugins and I want to also promote my own products on that shop along with others. I will be looking at making more per each sale for my own products as I will be getting my own Cafepress revenue plus the affiliate commission. As Cafepress are quite tight with their margins then this seems a good way to over come this a little.

Does anyone else do this, sell their own products through affiliate commissions? I read their Terms and it seems like it's fine to do this.

I'm also planning to get more creative and put out more designs along with using places like Zazzle, Spreadshirt and as many different Fulfillment services as I can find and there seems to be quite a few these days so there are more options and places to spread your eggs

13. Thanks From:

You can be an aff with Zazzle at SAS & directly through Zazzle.

As a Zazzle referrer, you can also set up custom RSS feeds to get your store's items only (+ further modifications, little bit of a learning curve). Your own store at Zazzle is free.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

15. Thanks From:

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread