Corporations w/ Multiple Brands and Mirrored Websites
    One thing that I find difficult to wrap my brain around is when a company that has multiple store names/chains, has one universal website design for all of them and the same promotions.

Take for example the Bon-Ton "family of stores" that includes Carson Pirie Scott, Parisian, Bergner’s, Elder-Beerman, Younkers, Boston Store and Herberger’s. The only difference in each store's website is the URL. All of the promotions are the same for each site. I don't receive their product listings, but I would bet those are also all the same.

I understand setting up umbrella-type programs, like for example Gap/Old Navy, etc. I also (kind of) understand how Sears, KMart, Land's End merchandise is cross-referenced in search on all the sites. But what I don't really understand is the value of having an affiliate program set up with separate programs for each name/chain, but each one mirrors the other.

I don't know how to go about promoting that kind of set up. How do you handle it?
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    They actually convert very well, surprisingly enough.

They're brands are well known regionally - shoppers from those areas tend to migrate to the brand they recognize.

One of our favorite merchants...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Interesting. Regional popularity does help explain it. I guess you could rewrite the descriptions so that each one would be different. Wouldn't want to be penalized by the big G for having duplicate content.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread