How Do You Handle This?
    I couldn't think of a short enough title, but here is what I'm wondering. In another thread, I mentioned companies with multiple brands or chain stores, for example Gap. Gap promotes all of its brands on all of the brands' websites. They even share the shopping carts. But what if you only got approved for, let's say - Old Navy, but not for Gap or the others? Would you promote Old Navy on your site?

(Also - Any ideas for a title for this thread?) ty
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    re: Cross Promotion of Brands
    Typically, we won't market Cross Promoted Brands, unless:

1) We are approved for all
    2) Cookies track across domains

Sure there has been an exception, but can't recall off the top of our head. Maybe Sears...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

How do you know for sure about the cookies? Is it in the agreements somewhere? I always assumed it would if I was approved for all sites.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

We always ask the AM/OPM.

If we have any doubts, we use a fresh browser - and test...

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Whenever I manage a program where a merchant has multiple brands sharing web space or where one links to another, I make sure tracking exists across all before I'll work w/ them as I want to be sure my affiliate partners are being paid for their efforts no matter where the user decides to go (on their site) once that click hits the intended landing page. I'd not recommend an affiliate work w/ a program that leaves it up to chance like that as it's a real gamble and cuts into your conversion rates/earnings otherwise. I agree w/ Convergence on this one - contact the merchant/manager and ask. Sometimes they don't realize it's a problem. If you feel up to it you can always try to educate them. If not, find a suitable alternative.

6. Thanks From:

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    I think the title here is fine fwiw But if you want to get more specific maybe add something like... "Linked multi-banner retailers & separate approvals" or similar. Not sure that's really any more informative - lol - possibly more confusing.

Hmmm, too subtle or just not any good?

Attached Images Attached Images

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Sometime you don't even know if there is what I would call "Cross-Contamination", and sometimes it can be added to a long-standing program that never had it before. An example of this is stacks and stacks .com which has seemingly eliminated a lot of their product lines, and when you click on certain product categories, you get a link to organizeit .com, which only has an affiliate program on one of the three networks as stacks and stacks is on.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread