Multiple Websites Under One Merchant Account (don't do it)
    When a single merchant account on Commission Junction is used to promote many different domains who's names aren't related, affiliate websites have a hard time "naming" the brand.

I'm going to use "Beach Trading Company" as an example, just because they are the first that popped into my head. So they have "beachcamera.com" and "buydig.com" both under the beach trading CJ account.

So when I process their datafeeds, I don't know what website to name in my links unless I parse out the name from the urls.

I'm left in a situation where I either write "special" rules for each URL I might run across, or I name the links with the name of the parent company. I nearly always name the links with the parent company because, as a rule, I don't do one off fixes for particular programs.

Merchant's, I highly recommend that you DO NOT run multiple brands under one merchant account. It adversely affects your branding...
    Last edited by isellstuff; June 25th, 2014 at 06:47 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I recently saw the many TABcom (dog.com, horse.com, ferret.com etc) moved to Pepperjam and created individual programs for each, then left only "garden.com" on CJ. On CJ they were running under one account and it was a mess. All of my links said "TABcom" but pointed to the individual domains.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread