Question Need help understanding how to use Affiliated Marketing for my upcoming book
    I am an editor for a book coming out at the end of the summer for women. The chapters are by different authors--ten in all--and they agreed they would get no pay from the sales of the book in exchange for my marketing of them on my huge website about women's issues.

But one of the chapter authors mentioned how nice it would be to have an "affiliate marketing link" she could use on her website so she could get a cut of the sales that SHE generates. I liked that!!

I know that the book will be on Amazon, so they can do the affiliated marketing for that. But the book will also be selling on the publishing company website I own. And I'm clueless how to assign a "unique affiliate ID" link to each chapter author so they can get a cut of the sales there!

Can you help me understand how to do what I bolded above?
    Last edited by CrowCanyon; June 26th, 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Hi Crow and welcome to ABW. Unfortunately I do not have the answer for you. I am an affiliate and have never been involved in setting up a program. You might find the information in the "Starting an Affiliate Program..." forum helpful.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    If you don't have the programming skills or a programmer available, you can consider using:

iDevAffiliate - Affiliate Tracking Software - Affiliate Program Software
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Have used Post Affiliate Pro for year (not currently) and its a self install system with a minimum cost.

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll check out each of what you said. This is more daunting that I realized!!!

why even consider spinning up an affiliate system for just one person? if you really feel the need, you could give her a reference code for people to enter into your ordering system

but I don't this is a good idea at all, especially since you won't be sending money to all the writers. that might be a breach of the contract you had with the writers.

you said, "they agreed they would get no pay from the sales of the book in exchange for my marketing of them on my huge website".

they are already being compensated. amazon has a affiliate system, let her use it.
    The internet is a fad.

Gibson, it wouldn't be for just the author who mentioned it. Sorry that I wasn't clear. I'd give links to all ten women who are authoring a chapter! That why if they cared to, they could all make something if they each promote their link.

that doesn't fix the issue. one of the writers (let's call her Smith) might have donated ONLY because none of the writers were being compensated. like the people who work on open-source software projects.

You put Smith in the position of letting the other writers profit off of her work. And Smith gets nothing for the work she donated. Smith might have good reasons for not participating in "for-profit" ventures.

are you willing to risk being accused of fraud, just because one writer decided some extra pennies would be nice?
    Last edited by gibson; July 1st, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
    The internet is a fad.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread