HTML codes of advertisers and URL links on browser: Are they substitute?
    At times, it is necessary to use URL generated from HTML code while promoting a product. For instance, it may be necessary to use URL code with images which are not by the advertiser. Or, for shopping carts like VirtueMart, an URL is supposed to be added with product description. My concern is can I copy the HTML code like the one generated by Commission Junction after clicking Get HTML and then use the link generated on the browser address (or pasting HTML code in a CMS like Blogger/Joomla and copying the resultant link) without losing on correct statistics? Is this the right way to add URL? Thanks in advance!

If I am understanding your question correctly, the link generated on the browser address is most often not going to be the affiliate link generated, for example, by Commission Junction (CJ).

A CJ link might look something like -http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-5555888-38986799 which is not how it will look after you click through.

To insure that you get credit for sales, always use the Networks' generated URL, not the URL that appears in the browser address.

I hope that makes sense.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to access the URL generated by the network. For CJ, I could only locate the HTML code.

I might be confusing you Splendid. The generated link is either a html code or JavaScript on CJ. You have a choice.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

I don't think I am explaining this very well to you.
    leeann

CJ has a pretty good help section that could probably explain the steps that you take to get your affiliate links better than I can. Have you seen the section under "Support" on the main page when you log in (top-right corner)?
    leeann

Yes, you are correct Splendid1008. The network will give you a big chunk of HTML, which may also include an image, a tracking pixel, text, or other stuff. If you're just looking for a plain link, it is perfectly safe to just extract the link from that code and ignore the rest.

It won't track "impressions" (just clicks and sales) when you do that, but that's not a problem.

And welcome to ABW!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

9. Thanks From:

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread