...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    New "Links" is worthless...
    Network web developers, including CJ, are idiots. It is evident they know absolutely NOTHING about how to market as an affiliate.

ALL networks should read this and understand.

Not all affiliates "copy and paste" banner code. Some affiliates actually host their own banners, some have ad servers, some serve them contextually - we can no longer "right click" and save the banner to upload to our own ad server.

Worthless. Absolutely WORTHLESS...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

No Start/Stop dates.

Worthless. Absolutely WORTHLESS...

And for those who do copy and paste individual links, extra steps have been added. In the case of product links, where you would only have to set the PID the first time, now you have to remember to do it for every link. A few extra scrolls and clicks might not sound like much setup work to do, but when you do dozens of them each day, it adds and extra half hour or more to your daily routine.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

The filters on the Link tool are absolutely worthless. I've been trying for 3 hours to work with it and it does not work. You can't download an excel file of products or at least I can't wait for the 24 hours for all 28,000 products to load, so that I have the option to download it.

It really is garbage. I hope everyone is sending feedback on this piece of junk. By the way, I switched to REI on Avantlink today, just because of this stupid tool on CJ. Merchants - build your program on Avantlink and we will follow!
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

CJ has been killing power-user workflows since the start of the redesign. I just don't get it. In UI/Usability classes you are taught that simple tasks should be easy and difficult tasks should be possible. The whole "difficult tasks should be possible" bit has been completely lost by the UI team.

It would seem that alienating the power user would be a really stupid move as they wield a bit of power. e.g. hey merchant, you should move to xyz network. Hey blog/forum readers, CJ sucks, etc, etc.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    And what about their link generator? Wasn't it last year that they announced it, made it available, and it STILL DOES NOT WORK????
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, theres no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Which Phil? The Deep Link Generator bookmarklet ?
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

That's it, Wade. It was supposed to work just like the Amazon toolbar generator - go to any page of a merchant site and click the icon to generate a link.

For months whenever I tried to use it I'd get an error message saying that links cannot be generated from that merchant, but now it just says "loading" for a while and then closes.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

Look what CJ snuck back in.

https://members.cj.com/member/offers/publisher/find_links/findmain.do

Was searching for a merchant and an "Old Get Links" link came up at the top.

It's also on the current "Links" page...

10. Thanks From:

Saw that yesterday, and VERY HAPPY to find it!

I almost smiled when I saw that. But it turns out that it's only for banner retrieval; no product link search.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    I almost smiled when I saw that. But it turns out that it's only for banner retrieval; no product link search.
    What idiots. I can't imagine that they are getting any positive feedback these days. They should at least offer us the option of using the old tools.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

14. Thanks From:

Has been taking whole lot longer but had been getting individual links til yesterday. Ummm either I broke it or someone else has. Still not able to get it to work, just has that lil circle looking thingie going round and round and round. Thought maybe I was making too tough a search for it, tried common items, not common items and come to conclusion I just must've broken it.

Am happy to say I didn't break it.

Don't know if was that way for anyone else or not but it's back working for me (as of earlier today) Still as slow as ever and wish they'd return it to how it was but least is back.

You never know from one day to the next, or actually, one minute to the next, if it will actually work. Nothing like staring at a merchant product page in one tab, and getting no results when you search for the affiliate link for it in the next tab.

18. Thanks From:

Their whole interface, to me, even after months, is still confusing.
    Nothing like staring at a merchant product page in one tab, and getting no results when you search for the affiliate link for it in the next tab.
    Thought is was just me.

20. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to CJ 2014!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Quote Originally Posted by glittered View Post
    Welcome to CJ 2014!
    I wonder what backward steps they'll be introducing for CJ 2015.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

23. Thanks From:

They had a new button under Reports the other day.
    For the likes of me I can't remember what it said.
    Had nothing to do with any type of reporting. And didn't do anything other than give an error.
    Later on during the day I noticed it was gone.
    My mail box there is still "BLEEP" up.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread