Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Happy Fourth of July!
    Happy Fourth of July everyone!

I hope all you affiliates can take the day off. I know most of you on the "other side" will get the day off from your 9-to-5 "jobs"

MrsHound and I be at our local city festivities in the late afternoon/early evening - entertainment, food, fireworks, etc.

The fourth of July is also our wedding anniversary.

What do you guys have planned?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Happy Independence Day!
    Daughter and I will join my neighbor and his son at the top of the highest hill in our town to view the fireworks.

I get to play designated driver.

Then back home for a show of our own. <shhhhhh>

Happy Anniversary to you and Mrs. Hound...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Thanks, C.

Don't have to worry about a dd - no alcohol allowed at any city event. Will ave to wait till we get home.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

"This" affiliate is taking the day off* to enjoy time with family. Once Hurricane Arthur leaves our area we'll be at a minor league ball park for a game and fireworks Friday evening. All the local beach towns postponed their fireworks 'til Saturday because of the anticipated high winds (the ball park is a inland a good bit). We'll get a double dose of fireworks this weekend. Already did "the cookout" this evening (but may have to do a repeat).

Let me say again, "Happy Anniversary," to Mr. and Mrs. Hound. .. .. ..

* ...might post a rant about being notified just before COB on the day before a major holiday weekend - about sales/promotions for the 4th of July only. Fat chance of them getting posted.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

thanks, Bill - have a great holiday!

(Don't get jealous, but...) I'll be spending the day pressure washing the patio. I know to most people that doesn't sound like much fun, but I can't wait! I've been putting it off for too long. The thought of being outside most of the day sounds delightful.

And Phil, that is a coincidence! It is also our anniversary, but neither of us can remember which year. All I know is that it's been a very long time. He's still in the hospital, but I'll be taking a candle-lit dinner to him.

Happy anniversary to Mr & Mrs Phil & Happy 4th to all.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

"Happy Anniversary," to Mr. and Mrs. Hound again dawg....

Everyone of the ABW family have a happy and safe 4th of July.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Bob - thank you
    leeann - thank you and happy anniversary to you and Mr. leeann, hoping he gets well and home soon.

Our year is hard to forget - 1976, the bicentennial. And, 11 years later we were in Washington, DC on our anniversary on, July 4, 1987, the bicentennial of the Constitution.

re outside pressure washing the patio: I hope it won't be near the 97º temp we'll have tomorrow. (it got to 103º today)

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar

Her Majesty extends her felicitations and reminds her Loyal American Subjects that all Colonial Tea Taxes owing since 1773 are now due. The Tax was set at 2% and is noted to be far less than existing US Sales Tax.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Happy Anniversary to Mr. & Mr. leann & Mr. & Mrs. Hound!

Rain all day here, so plans changed to indoor.

238 years since the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Happy 4th to all!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

11. Thanks From:

Happy anniversary, Phil!

We'll be having a bunch of friends from church come over for dinner and fireworks. The rednecks around us put on quite a fireworks show (nothing coordinated, but it's a sight to see!), so we'll be enjoying that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Wife and I had a wine and cheese picnic at fireworks last night at one resort while we listened to a concert then fireworks. Same tonight at another resort. Today we dropped our youngest off who is marching in the parade and we are headed over to volunteer for crowd control. Then party in the park and watch some rugby games.

Everyone remember the sun screen.

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp View Post
    Her Majesty extends her felicitations and reminds her Loyal American Subjects that all Colonial Tea Taxes owing since 1773 are now due. The Tax was set at 2% and is noted to be far less than existing US Sales Tax.
    OK, John, we can offset that against the charges owed to us by the UK for keeping your country safe for 70 years: 10,000 U.S. troops x 70 years x $50,000 per soldier per year = around $35 billion, give or take.

I'd estimate Americans have spent a good $7.00 on tea over the last 241 years, so feel free to take off take off a couple dollars for the tax.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks, Renee, Michael.

Chuck, our next door neighbor also got a day-early start on fireworks. Of course, it's illegal for THEM to do that here, but they don't care. They do it every year, and still do it despite setting a small fire on their roof about a dozen years ago.

17. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound View Post
    OK, John, we can offset that against the charges owed to us by the UK for keeping your country safe for 70 years: 10,000 U.S. troops x 70 years x $50,000 per soldier per year = around $35 billion, give or take.

I'd estimate Americans have spent a good $7.00 on tea over the last 241 years, so feel free to take off take off a couple dollars for the tax.
    A bargain at a mere £19 Billion over 70 years when Her Majesty's Government received £84 Billion last year from dividends, investing in US companies and elsewhere. Of course it would have been far greater if the previous Labour Government hadn't spent the money by liquidating the stocks and shares. In the early 1990's, Her Majesty's Government was making enough money from US stocks to pay for the Health Care (NHS), Education budget and Defence, without a penny in taxes required and all from dividends.

We need to hire that UK financial adviser.

20. Thanks From:

Anyhow, to all my American cousins, Happy 4th of July. Just don't go reminding Her Majesty of her ancestor or that the US tried to conquer Canada and she won't

..and when you get a chance, raise a glass to Franklin D Roosevelt. He vetoed a plan to invade Canada in the 1930's, which would have resulted in Great Britain and the USA engaging in war against each other. He vetoed what was called War Plan Red War Plan Red - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sorry about that.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sad, but true, Michael.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Happy 4th to all my American friends here @ ABW! Hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable weekend!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    And to all the Brits:

Hope you all had a Happy Rebel Uprising Day...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

.... and toasted their national hero, Benedict Arnold.

29. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread