Smile How much should you spend for a web banner design?
    How much is your budget for 4 sizes, 10 sizes, and 12 sizes banner ads?

Thanks in advance!

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    The cost will really vary depending on the quality and speed of your designer. Are these each a variation on the same original design? Has your designer designed online banners before (are they experienced with clean delivery of a message in a very small space)? Are the banners static or rotating?

The rates are all over the place. You can get some for $5 each, I've paid $25 or more each but I live in the US. I think the focus needs to be on the quality of the banners rather than the price.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

As with many parts of this industry, you are going to get what you pay for. If you do diligent research you can find the best quality for lowest price.

Thumbs up
    do you think 4 sizes for 100USD, 10 sizes for 150USD, and 12 sizes for 200USD are reasonable packages given that these are really great and professional banners?

Sounds over-priced to me.
    There is a member here, davidh, who (I believe) still has a link to his banner creation service in his sig. I understand he has reasonable pricing and excellent quality.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sounds over-priced to me.
    There is a member here, davidh, who (I believe) still has a link to his banner creation service in his sig. I understand he has reasonable pricing and excellent quality.
    I checked his works. It looks like 90's design trends. I'm looking for fresh, modern, clean, and minimalist design.

$25 for each for 4 banners
    $15 each for 10 banners
    $16+ each for 12 banners

Not sure I completely understand this persons pricing structure. I would say that the price is a little high. Think about how long it would take the person to do 4 banners. What constitutes 4 banners? Does this mean that he changes just the background/font/pictures or are they completely unique from each other? Are the 10 the same creative ideas in different banner sizes? These are some of the questions that you need to be aware of when you are trying to determine if something is "too expensive."

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I generally recommend a budget of $300 to $600 to new merchants. Of course you can go through elance and get them for $1.99 a dozen.

9. Thanks From:

thanks. how about 8USD each? i've posted the sample works but i got an alert. sorry chuck

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Besides all the normal places mentioned - if you're in this biz for any length of time, you'll get to know someone here on ABW that does graphics, but I use Fiverr all the time. Five bucks!

Generally I pay 4 people $5 for something, and the one I like the best is the one I use over and over the rest of the time.

If you ask 4 different graphics folks for "A Billy Kay logo with a Country/Western look" you will get 4 totally different looks. So you "invest" $20 up front to find the artist you want to work with

Also, there are many sites that are FREE. You upload your graphic and you can do all the usual photo shop stuff to it. If your ads are similar - for example your logo remains constant and you just want to change "Mother's Day Sale" to "Easter Sale", it's a breeze.

Here's a site I use all the time

FotoFlexer - The world's most advanced online photo editor

Best,
    Billy Kay

All My Best,
    Billy Kay

Thanks Billy. Well put!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    I use child labor...
    Not the cheapest by any means - but definitely one of the best digital graphics artists out there.

What does it cost me? Occasional movie tickets, game skins, room & board, clothing, food, and a smile.

My youngest daughter...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

14. Thanks From:

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread