"0% Loophole" Free Traffic Merchants on Shareasale
    Add "Naked Minerals" to the list of merchants who have changed their commission rate to zero percent so they can take advantage of free affiliate traffic.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

2. Thanks From:

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I think they've been removed. Setting comm to Zero is something merchs do right before they end their program. maybe that's what happened.

Best/Billy

4. Thanks From:

If they're going to shut their program down, that's one thing, but some take advantage of the free ride by exploiting this loophole. Heavenly Couture set their commission rate to 0% three weeks ago, so they've been getting a free ride since then because they simply changed commission rate to zero instead of closing their SAS account. As Shareasale allows merchants to do this, the free rides last for as long as it takes for somebody to call them out on it.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Doesn't SAS send out a notice every time commissions change? I thought they did.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Say a merchant shuts their program down on the 1st of January and had a 30 day cookie with commission of 10%. An affiliate sale is made on Dec. 31st but now on the 1st the commission is set to $0, shouldn't they be paid on the previous cookie setting?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    99% of the time this is due to basically a poor "program closing" strategy. We follow up with Merchants to try to get their program closed in a much better fashion but with all things it does require cooperation from the Merchant themselves.

If you ever find yourself in the situation of receiving a 0% commission transaction during these time periods, all you need to do is email me as I've stated before. Brian@ShareASale.com is my email address.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread