Website seo for Multicountry?
    Hi guys,

I want to know How to promote the single .com website for all countries in world? What are the content and on page technique for this and most important which Geographic target to select under Google webmaster tool.

Hi riyaz. So you have one website (please don't post the url at this time) and you want to promote it across different countries? Do you have it set up by country? I am not a SEO expert by any means, but from what I understand if you want to target different countries, you should have the top-level (main landing) page set up to show which countries you are offering content for -- U.S., Canada, Italy..etc.

The landing pages for those countries should be built accordingly -- for example, if you want to capture the US market, the landing page should be written in proper English and show US measurements such as inches, dollars, etc. The meta information should also show the country you are targeting.

I also read that it is helpful to show the country flags on the main landing page and on each page (individual country pages). I'm not sure if this benefits your SEO efforts or not, but I suppose it is helpful to visitors, but I doubt it is really necessary.

I've also read that having a country code top level domain (.us, .jp, .ca) helps the site rank for that particular country, but may not be recognized globally by search engines.

When I was rating pages for Google, the landing page for all countries is rated one way and the individual pages for each country is rated another way. Take IKEA for example.

This is their global landing page: Welcome to IKEA.com - IKEA

Here is the meta info for that page:
    <title id="">Welcome to IKEA.com - IKEA</title>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">
    <meta name="IRWStats.pageName" content="www.ikea.com global start page">
    <meta name="IRWStats.category" content="global">
    <meta name="IRWStats.pageType" content="global">
    <meta name="IRWStats.internalPageType" content="global">

This tells the search engines that the landing page is global.

If you look at the page, you'll see it's broken down by country and when you clock on each country, you see each one is set up appropriately for that specific country -- language, specific spellings, measurements, etc.

Here is IKEA's meta info. for it's US page:
    <meta name="description" content="IKEA Home furnishings, kitchens, appliances, sofas, beds, mattresses" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="IKEA,Home furnishings, kitchens, appliances, sofas, beds, mattresses" />
    <meta name="country" content="US" />

Make sense?

I don't know if Google recognizes global websites unless you break it down and treat each country (sub-domain) as if it was it's own website. It doesn't mean it doesn't, it just means that I don't the answer

I am sure there are ABW members who have more experience in this area. My answer is based on my experience as a Google website/page rater a few years ago. It could be totally different now.
    Last edited by leeann; July 12th, 2014 at 05:06 AM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

just like what was mentioned above, i think do something like what google is doing right now on domain extension and language like .com.au .com.ph .com.jp just focus on the bigger market for your website.

If all your pages are in english, the only signal I have seen used is the
    <meta name="distribution" content="global">
    meta tag.

If you have directories in other languages then the href lang meta tag is appropriate, there are specific formats that are recognized by Google, learn about the default tag and other requirements here: http://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/189077

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy View Post
    If all your pages are in english, the only signal I have seen used is the
    <meta name="distribution" content="global">
    meta tag.

If you have directories in other languages then the href lang meta tag is appropriate, there are specific formats that are recognized by Google, learn about the default tag and other requirements here: http://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/189077
    This Meta tag is include in ON-Page activity so you should use it as you want to distribute your services globally.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread