200 Ranking Factors on Google
    I came across this article on backlinko.com that lists 200 of Google's ranking factors. It's worth a look. It's true. Google does have around 200 different things it looks at when ranking sites/pages. For live page rankers, it's like a checklist. For sure some of these weigh a lot more heavily than others.
    Last edited by leeann; July 13th, 2014 at 12:47 PM.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Thanks for the article
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Some of this is very interesting and some of the linked articles really worth the time to read. In particular, the extensive analysis done in the article on content length is worth the time to read over.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I don't know whether you have read anything recently about changes to the instructions that google gives their human raters, but in the past few weeks they are believed to have completely rewritten those guidelines (and more than once) so some older information wouldn't necessarily be applicable today. I'm not putting the link here, but it is at thesempost and some are wondering if this is related in any way to google's homeboy Matt taking a vacation.. Just rumors or not? I am not one of the folks that sees ties to Matt Cutts in these changes. He is a spokesperson. Everybody needs some time off.

5. Thanks From:

@leeann Thank you for posting this link
    Thank you for posting the link to this article! I have a web page that was typically on page 1 of the Google SERPs, but last year, it slipped badly. Currently it is typically on page 5. I plan to begin working on that page, hoping to have it rank higher, in a few days. I am going to try to incorporate some of the things in that article, when I revise the web page.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Should really check out thesempost's articles on "Quality Rater’s Guidelines" - personally, find it more realistic and from a human's eye perspective...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

8. Thanks From:

Things evolve, some things more than others. I have since read that is only the first of five rewrites since the original leaked out.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks for the article!

I have read around 100 points, rest of things will read, Thanks a lot, Great research.

Great article -- thanks for posting it !

I just noticed a Twitter post by Bill Slawski, Director of Search at Go Fish Digital. This is what he has to say about lists of 200 Google Ranking Factors:

If you see a list of 200 Google Ranking Factors, chances are most of it is wrong, and it was likely created as link bait. Be careful.
    Source: https://twitter.com/bill_slawski
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

15. Thanks From:

You've got that right, Rhia. Most "big" lists are little more than that. Link bait.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Most articles having anything to do with SEO are made-up bullshyte. Especially since most of them are regurgitations of what Matt Cutts says or what somebody else says Matt Cutts says. Friends don't let friends read SEO blogs.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Friends don't let friends read SEO blogs.
    For whatever reason, that had me ROTFL!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

19. Thanks From:

The list is pretty decent. Careful with exact match domain, if the content isn't great, an exact keyword match domain doesn't matter anymore.

As an additional tip - embedding highly optimized YouTube videos will help your pages and posts rank much better. I did a case study last year and embedded a couple of good ranking YouTube videos into posts of a low ranking WP blog. Within a few weeks those blog posts were ranking well and receiving close to 1,000 views per month each.

thanks for the article

After reading the articles, I think you should crosscheck with other recent information in the internet first before you decide to follow it. Like people said, Google updates their algorithm often, and the effective means from before will not be so effective now.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread