I am not shure if this is the appropriate thread to post this, but I could not find another that fits this topic.

I've been doing a little bit of homework on this affiliate marketing gig. I have come accross a few sites that gave allposters.com as a high paying affiliate. They also mention that their top affiliates earn $5,000USD a month. I was wondering if any of y'all have had dealings with them.

-Lucas-

--------------------
    "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." -Robert Orben

ABW Ambassador
    I'm not sure why this is posted in the CJ forum, as allposters program is in house.

I suspect (one of) the reasons you see sites saying that is that allposters has a 2 tier program, and, its to those sites' advantage to convince you its a high revenue program and to convince you to join (as their sub affiliate).

I have a site with them that does OK... they pay on time, etc...

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

TO: Joseph Monuit

Thanks for your response. I did not see an AllPosters.com Thread/Forum.

I noticed in their F.A.Q. section that they give cookies that last three years. Does this help out significantly? How much does your site earn a month as an affiliate with them?

-Lucas-

--------------------
    "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." -Robert Orben

ABW Ambassador
    Whoops, you're right, there is no generic "in house affiliate programs" area.

3 year cookies, hmm, didn't know that. Nice. I imagine it helps a bit. Some would say a LOT. I'm sorry, specific numbers are proprietary. I don't think many here will answer that question, at least not in the public forum, maybe in a PM.

----
    -J
    Up in the air in revenue share

ABW Ambassador
    I dropped all posters after 150 pieces of mail were sent to me soliciting for their program. Their AM was very uncaring and claimed it wasn't spam - but it was sent to a generic contact on all my domains.

I don't work with spammers.

TO: Joseph Monuit

Whoops! My bad, I was reading the affiliate F.A.Q. on a satalite dish site. Speaking of satalite dishes, have you ever affiliated with those, and if yes, how's the sales?

-Lucas-

--------------------

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    AllPosters.

They pay on time, right when they say!

Unfortunately, you probably aren't going to retire on it unless you don't have to buy anything except a box of mac 'n cheese.

They're one of my worst performers. But, they do pay up the little that is owed so I keep their links up. It does me no harm to have the pages... but I must say, posters has got to be one of the biggest dog categories I have encountered!!! AllPosters isn't unique in this aspect (I've had similar results with other poster merchants)--there are 10 trillion poster sites, and what seems like 20 poster buyers on the entire net.

Fortunately, other categories are a lot more lucrative!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

TO: Leader

Thanks for the reply. I can certainly understand your argument. Frankly, I do not know of anyone who buys posters, that are over the age of 13 anyway.

To ask everyone here, what categories are making your best sells? How about your top 3?

-Lucas-

--------------------

I understand your situation Lucas - starting off and looking for a secret formula to success. But for the past 10 days you've been all over these boards asking for quick fix's and wanting to see everybody else's website and what categories they excel in. That's not what these boards are about - this ain't a charity. No super affiliate here is going to freely give you thier top 3 selling products/categories (Affiliate managers do of course - but not the affiliates). I don't mind telling you about my poorly selling products, but I gaurd my niche sites and top products with my life! They are how I make my living - and if I gave that info out freely there would be 100 lurkers reading these boards with rival sites online within the day. Imagine if I posted that I make $1000 a day selling "handmade blue widgets", and that I was #1 on google for the term with no competition. I'd have to be nuts! If I was you (and I was not too long ago) I'd follow the advice you've already been given - frequent these boards, (also webmasterworld.com), use wordtracker.com, and brainstorm. No-one is going to do that work for you.

As MJCB told you a few days ago..
    quote:
    P.S. Don't be alarmed if nobody gives you a blueprint to success including examples of which merchants you should promote. The only people who'll do that are called consultants, and they charge by the hour. But you'll pick up a lot of relevant info by reading past threads and reading between the lines. 99% of successful affiliates got where they are today through experience, backed up by a lot of reading.

Very clearly put Toughturkey.
    You have to press the seat of your pants Lucas.
    No free lunch.

Lucas,
    A lot of others on this board have given you some great advice so far.
    Read between the lines and you'll pick up everything you need to know on this board.
    Allposters does work and they pay on time.
    Like any product of merchant find a niche that not too many others are in and run with it..
    The more targetted the more money in it..

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

ABW Ambassador
    Great post Toughie and others...

Two thumbs up on AllPosters from me, I agree with Leader's post (as I find myself often doing )

Not the best category for me either, but they seem to be an honest merchant with regards to tracking, paying timely, and Angela Woo (the affiliate manager) is very responsive and pro-active.

If you're planning on promoting posters, you should definitely consider partnering with them.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Got my first affiliate check from Allposters, so I give 'em a thumbs up. They are just small money for me, they have a nice program, and they deal straight up, they always pay when they say they are.

Time Is A Parasite's Friend

ABW Ambassador
    Lucas makes an interesting point, wtf does buy posters? I think I did when in grade school....

As usual, I think it's a question of finding a niche. I promote art prints of a particular genre and get a few 3 figure sales each month.

Lucas and Joseph - lotsa people buy posters and some of them get them mounted or framed and spend quite a lot of money on them.

The main problem I think with posters is the signal:noise ratio is awful. Most searchers/visitors are looking to see free pictures of "thing" rather than aiming to actually buy posters of "thing".

Summary: You can earn good money from posters, but you have to pump a lot of traffic through to do it. If you are gonna do it, prob better to do it with Allposters as anyone else.

Leader - if you think posters are a dog category, have you tried celebrity photos ? They take the all time biscuit

Are you Crazy?

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm, k .. thanks.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread