Thread: Where Are You, SellFire?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Angry Where Are You, SellFire?
    I'm sure that you all remember this thread: WP Sites with SellFire Plug-in are OffLine

Well, I still have yet to receive any sort of reply from anyone at SellFire.

They are still regularly charging my card for the monthly fee, and (yea) shops ARE displaying properly on my non-WordPress sites (removed from WP sites).

BUT - I need to update products in several shops, and when I try to log in to my account on the SellFire interface, this is what I get:

"Geez, this is awkward...

We messed up. There was a bug in our system and things exploded. We're terribly sorry for the screw up. However, our engineers have been alerted and will be working on fixing the problem very soon.

In the meantime, try whatever you were doing again."
    I keep trying, but still just get this message.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

OK, I kept trying, and 5 minutes after posting I was able to log in.

But they still have never responded to the issues raised in the above-linked thread. Ever.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

You're still using them?
    The (ancient) term "glutton for punishment" comes to mind.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    It's too bad, their tool has some cool features.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    I had a few simple questions and emailed them numerous time and posted in their support section and heard nothing back..So I can cancelled my subscription...

Tax Paying Member
    I really like the Sellfire plugin.......Have actually made some sells.....But the whole thing seems erratic lately. It is also very slow....bogs down my sites.

I have gone back to relying more on PopShops and find that my traffic seems to have increased.

I do like Sellfire more than PopShops.....but one needs to go with the traffic producer
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

8. Thanks From:

To me the major need to continue with Sellfire is the fact that they have Amazon products (not just books as is the case with Popshops) and Amazon products can be intermingled with other merchants.

Does it pull used items from Amazon?

I've never looked for or searched for used items specifically, but many products that come up in the search do have a used option available.

Please do not use this company. Although the product is wonderful....there is NO SUPPORT. Essentially, if there are glitches, if you send an email with issues, you will not get a response. This is unfortunate, because the product really is great, but again the lack of support makes this product unreliable and ultimately a waste of time. I have emailed twice now about glitches well over two months ago and still no response. None. Not even a courtesy email to say they are "looking into it". Nothing. I had such high hopes of starting a business with this company, but with the lack of customer support or a decent reply to an email, it is a complete waste of time. On another note, if anyone knows of another company that offers a similar product...please let me know!

Thanks Phil. I bought Comparipress a while back just so I could pull used books from Amazon and it wouldn't pull used items at all. No response to support, in fact my forum topic was deleted, and no refunds. Bleck.

Tax Paying Member
    My Sellfire powered sites are not working again.....2 days down

I am replacing Sellfire with Popshops or individual product deep linking. .........What a shame???
    Last edited by Witzer; July 27th, 2014 at 01:35 PM.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    ...I am replacing Sellfire with Popshops or individual product deep linking. .........What a shame???
    That seems like what is going to have to be done. Funny, when The Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles aka Linkshare bought out Popshops, I was convinced it would be going in the opposite direction, replacing PS with SF.

16. Thanks From:

17. Newsletter Signup