Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    New Linkshare Fails: "New Advertisers" List
    So I happened to notice that list of what LS calls "New Advertisers" (new merchants to most of us), and one looked interesting - "Harris Polls Online".

So, I clicked on the name, and, lo and behold, the landing page was a LS page with their normal header, their normal footer, and NOTHING else.

Thinking this strange, I went back to the home page, and tried a few more "New Advertisers", and instead of going to an advertiser detail page, every one landed on what was essentially a blank page.

I tried searching for a couple of them, and they actually do have detail pages, but you cannot get to them directly, by doing something obviously unintended, like clicking on the merchant name in that LS home page "New Advertisers" list.

Hold on, it gets better.

So, I found, going the long way around, Harris Polls Online, and when I clicked on their link to get to their site, the site of a BRAND NEW LINKSHARE ADVERTISER, who obviously would have had to pay a large stipend to join the network, not to mention jumping through Rakuten Hoops to get all that stuff done for a viable, profitable, affiliate program, like creative and tracking, and all that stuff, when I clicked on their link to get to their site, what was the landing page that came up, what was it?

...... a parked Sedo for sale page.

I kid you not.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

2. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Phil,

The issue with the New Advertisers link landing on the appropriate page is something that our technical team is working to fix. As for Harris Poll Online, you can try going directly to this URL Harris Poll Online: Welcome. Their affiliate links also work and track if you happen to join their program or are a part of their program.

--Ranae

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread