Two-step/factor authentication and now locked out...
    Hi!

Did anybody else here activated two-step/factor authentication on her/his account?

I did and now I can't log on anymore...

I get the regular login screen that doesn't ask for a that code whatever I do and when I fill in my username and password it tells me they are not ok...

I tried changing my password and according to on screen messages I got it work but even after doing that I can't log on...

I tried contacting them but as we are the week-end I probably won't receive and answer until Monday...

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Nick

Nope I don't use it for the simple fact they don't make a cell phone that fits my hands or optical requirements.

But I did log into SAS and pick up this info that might help you.
    Looks like you have to log in 1X with your cell phone 1st.

Info on site follow
    Two factor authentication adds an additional layer of security to your account. In order to log in, you will need to provide both your username and password, as well as a one time password from your mobile phone. You will append the one time password to the end of your standard password. For example, if your password was "password" and the one time password on your phone was "123456", you would enter the value "password123456" into the password box on the login screen.

This will provision your account for Two Factor Authentication. You will need an application that is compatible with TOTP as specified in RFC 6238. Please see the box on the right hand side of the page for a list of applications that have been tested and are known to work.

Scan the above QR code using your authenticator application, or enter in the secret key manually. When you have finished, enter the one time password from your application into the "First Code" box below. Wait for the one time password to change, and then enter the new code into the "Second Code" box below, and click the "Activate" button.

It has a cell phone image scan "HERE!"

Your Secret Key:

First Code:

Second Code:
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

3. Thanks From:

Thank you!!!

That's an "interesting" way to implement this but it works!

I guess I missed that interesting point when I signed up for this...

Thank you!!!

Nick

PS: If you mean that you would need something bigger those apps can usually run on tablets too (since I have an Android phone I use Google's authenticator which can definitely run on an Android tablet). If you meant you need something smaller though than the only thing I could suggest is put a phone a couple of times in the washing machine and hope it shrinks.. :-)

Deffo bigger.
    I had to use a couple of cell phones @ the salt mine I worked at before retiring, that other maintenance men had, didn't like the experience of trying to dial them, talk on them or even trying to hear what the other person's were saying.
    They just aren't my cup of tea.
    Give me an old fashion crank phone like you see in the old movies, I'll be fine.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

6. Thanks From:

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread