Reaching out to affiliate network managers for craft/diy niche
    I have developed an affiliate tool that lets bloggers link products to multiple shops where this product is available. In addition I generate affiliate links to those shops when they provide me with their own affiliate IDs. I do not get paid with a commission or anything I just get a monthly fee for the service by each blogger.

However I am upgrading the tool and I was wondering if this would work. I become affiliated with the shops and my users get commission for the sales they generate by me. I would keep a 25% of the revenue as a fee for the ease of use of my tool.

Keeping in mind that I already have an established database of thousands of bloggers in my niche (DIY/crafts), already using my old tool and that the service would be by application/invitation only (Means that I have full control of who uses the tool on their blog), would that work on any affiliate network?

A couple of affiliate networks have already agreed on this but I need info to approach the others.
    Is that a sub-affiliate model?! 2-tier model? how does it called?

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Hi Vicky, I think it sounds interesting and I'd love to talk to you more about this. Please contact me via the email in my signature. We work with other companies that have similar offerings, so we're comfortable with your model.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

3. Thanks From:

Thank you Jeannine! I will send you an email.

HI Vicky-

Would love to chat about this. PM Me.
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

6. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Same model as GoldenCAN although you have bloggers. Recommend contacting Asif at GC and see if you can work together.

As illustrated you are considered a 3rd party tool but in essence are a sub affiliate network unless the merchant gets to approve all that use your tool.

8. Thanks From:

Thank you all! Chuck I dp get in touch with each individual shop through their affiliate network and I provide moderation of our users if they wish so, or else I will get to decide based in their original content, traffic etc.
    Every info you provide is valuable to me and I will get in touch with everyone reaching out here. I would also like to find a way to approach an etsy/ebay/walmart affiliate manager, since we are targeting on ccrafters.
    Thank all!

VickyP,

Let's talk! This could potentially be an impactful tool to some of our advertisers. I'd love to validate the opportunity.

Blake Hawkins - eBay Enterprise Affiliate Network

11. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by BHawkinsEEAN View Post
    VickyP,

Let's talk! This could potentially be an impactful tool to some of our advertisers. I'd love to validate the opportunity.

Blake Hawkins - eBay Enterprise Affiliate Network
    Hi Blake,

thanks for reaching out.

I cannot seem to find a way to pm you. (maybe because I am fresh here?)

Am I allowed to put my email in a post ?

Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by GeekGalJuj View Post
    HI Vicky-

Would love to chat about this. PM Me.
    Hi Julia and thank you! I would love to chat with you but as a newbie I do not have access to pm
    How can we get in touch? Should I write my email here?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You have a vcard in your profile with your email address. You can add IM and Skype to your profile.

15. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Interesting stuff - I'm not in that space, but as a picky merchant, I'll advise that if you're going to go to a model where others connect to the merchant through your link and you keep a piece of the transaction that some merchants are going to want transparency into who is promoting them and the ability to review/remove affiliates. They might also want to make sure that you exclude blogger sub-affiliates in Nexus Tax states, so build in some tools to accomodate this on a per-merchant basis.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateWarrior View Post
    Interesting stuff - I'm not in that space, but as a picky merchant, I'll advise that if you're going to go to a model where others connect to the merchant through your link and you keep a piece of the transaction that some merchants are going to want transparency into who is promoting them and the ability to review/remove affiliates. They might also want to make sure that you exclude blogger sub-affiliates in Nexus Tax states, so build in some tools to accomodate this on a per-merchant basis.
    Thank you Wade. We have taken care of this and we allow review/remove of affiliates to our merchants if they wish. As for the Nexus Tax states I will make sure that we take this under consideration. Thank you for the advice.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Awesome... we've had the same discussion with a number of other sub-networks. A couple of the biggies drive us nuts and we've come to the point where we've parted with some because they didn't offer transparency and a little positive control. We've seen a lot of bad actors use tools like this to "hedge their bets" when cookie stuffing by splitting their traffic between normal network links and sub-networks that are blind.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

19. Thanks From:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread