Facebook Impressions - Weird Behavior
    The number free impressions I was getting on Facebook when I made a post have been so bad for late May to a couple of days ago that I was losing interest. A lot of times it was pinned to 2% of my followers no matter how many posts I made.

And then yesterday I made three posts and got 11% exposure... Sometimes it feels like I get enough "free" exposure to string me along but not enough to do much with. Its hard to get a conversation going with your user base when they see one of your posts every 50 days!

So, I'm wondering if the number of free impressions is directly related to how much excess ad inventory facebook has? I'm noticing a huge amount of retargeting ads lately, which I assume has been gobbling up my free impressions?

It's easy to get facebook followers, but its hard to get free coverage during peak advertising times because Facebook's inventory is swamped with ad buys. I'm really thinking I should try converting my followers to an e-mail list and get away from Facebook. Has anyone ever tried to get their Facebook followers to subscribe to a mail list?
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Thanks. That article linked to this blog post by facebook, which was interesting:

https://www.facebook.com/business/ne...ch-on-Facebook

My personal opinion is that I'm being lazy by cultivating a Facebook following. Its easy to get people to join your "group" because they all have facebook accounts. One click and they are "in". Its also perceived as "safe" by them. The flip side is that Facebook can extort money from you when you want to reach your followers. Not that it is all negatives, there is definitely a plus side to making social posts.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    FB holds a double-edge sword. Your target audience is there, however so are your competitors. We have found it to be a great place to build community and engage our audience. This has brought about changes in our analytic assessments and the way we do business overall. All things considered, it's par for the course.
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR, [URL="http://bit.ly/1oapxzB"]Boost Affiliates[/URL]

Affiliate Manager
    If you are still considering trying to convert FB users to another means of contact, you might consider getting them away from the FB page to your home page by means of a give-away or something else that they'd have to enter their email address for. Then again, most people I know check their email very infrequently these days...so email may not be the way to go. FB, Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram seem to be the most used social medias trending now.
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR, [URL="http://bit.ly/1oapxzB"]Boost Affiliates[/URL]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread