Results 1 to 15 of 15
July 27th, 2014, 07:04 PM #1CONTEST NOW OPEN: Win a Free Pass to Affiliate Karaoke
As announced earlier, as a sponsor of Affiliate Karaoke to be held at Pulse Karaoke, within walking distance from the Marriott Marquis Hotel, site of Affiliate Summit East 2014, ABestWeb will be giving away to one of our members, a FREE Affiliate Karaoke Pass, valued at $125.00!
The Contest is now open, and consists of five New York trivia questions to answer:
1. DO NOT post your answers on the forum!
2. Send me an email with your answers, and post here that you have entered. Make sure that your ABW username is in your email. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Entries will be accepted through Wednesday, August 6, 2014, 11:59 pm, Pacific Daylight Time (That is 2:59 am on Thursday, Aug 7 Eastern Daylight Time, 1:59 am on Thursday, Aug 7 Central Daylight Time, and 12:59 am on Thursday, Aug 7 Mountain Daylight Time).
3. The person with the most correct answers wins. If there is a tie for the most correct answers, the winner will be picked in a public drawing at Affiliate Summit, on Sunday, August 10.
4. The winner or multiple drawing entrants will be announced on Thursday, Aug 7. Details of the drawing if there is to be one will be announced at that time.
Here are the five New York Trivia Questions to answer:
1. The first American tournament in which board or card game was held in New York in 1843?
2. Which University located in New York offers a B.S. degree in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing?
3. America's First Pizzeria was licensed by the City of New York in 1905, and it remains in business today: Name it.
4. Though born in Massachusetts, what New York City resident is credited in the 1850s with the invention of what he called "The Greatest Necessity of the Age", commercial toilet paper?
5. The first public brewery in America was established in which New York City borough?
July 28th, 2014, 12:38 PM #2
Get your entry in for a chance to win a free $125.00 pass to Affiliate Karaoke!
July 28th, 2014, 09:36 PM #3
There is a little more information up about the karaoke now at:
There is also a Facebook group for people who want to attend. It will be a lot of fun PLUS a great chance to network with some industry veterans in a small group setting.
This contest is a terrific way for someone to get to go!
July 29th, 2014, 07:56 PM #4
Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting
July 31st, 2014, 04:39 PM #5
Come on - I know more of you want to get up there and totally embarrass yourselves in front of the industry's elite!
Remember FREE DRINKS FREE FOOD and you don't actually have to sing, you can just make fun of the people that do~
July 31st, 2014, 04:43 PM #6
Even if you don't plan on singing, it will be a TERRIFIC time! You can dance on the dance floor, relax on the couches, or just mingle and meet people.
I've also heard through the grapevine that some of the sponsors will be giving away prizes. So in addition to free food and drinks and the networking opportunity, you might walk away with some goodies!
August 4th, 2014, 12:10 PM #7
Last three days of the contest - get your entries in for a free, $125.00 pass to Affiliate Karaoke, one week from tonight!
August 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM #8
August 6th, 2014, 07:49 PM #9
The contest ends at midnight, PDT - still time to get your answers in a win a $125 pass for Affiliate Karaoke, that includes an open bar and plenty to eat. And you do not HAVE to sing.
August 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM #10
The contest is over, and we have a winner!
The winner of the $125.00 pass to Affiliate Karaoke, and the only 100% correct entry is......
August 7th, 2014, 12:50 PM #11
August 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM #12
Cool! Congratulations, Michael.
I can't believe only Michael had it right. I found these answers (which may or may not be correct) in less than five minutes without seeing Michael's link among my searches. Lombardi's Pizza has to be right - didn't need to look because we've been there.
- SUNY's Fashion Institute of Technology
- Gayetty - but Scott made it popular (and affordable).
So - how many people really did enter?
August 8th, 2014, 11:21 AM #13
August 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM #14
August 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM #15
For those of you who were at Karaoke and want to get the names of people you may have met, see the pics, etc, here is the Facebook Event:
Thanks so much to ABW for sponsoring! We could not have done it without you!!
By Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 0Last Post: June 5th, 2014, 08:04 PM
By Shawn Collins in forum Events and GatheringsReplies: 2Last Post: December 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
By Geno Prussakov in forum AM NavigatorReplies: 43Last Post: November 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM