Performance should trump last click
    Sam Barnett, CEO and co-founder of Struq, offers a strong argument supporting why the measurement of performance should replace the reliance on the last click:
    Why Last Click Breeds Bad Decisions in a Multi Device World

Do you think last click metrics should change in a multi-device setting?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Head of Content
    It's an interesting article, but in order for that to gain some legs advertisers need a full view of the customer journey, which a number of tag management companies can nearly do in its entirety (correct me if I'm wrong on that!).

I imagine the complexities around tracking consumers across the many devices is a tricky one.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjohnski View Post
    I imagine the complexities around tracking consumers across the many devices is a tricky one.
    I agree on the sticky, tricky tracking. I thought the article was interesting so I shared it. Tracking is a topic with a long history.

I find the multiple device settings to add interest to the mix -- these questions won't go away.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Head of Content
    Yep - we had someone speak at our Berlin event this year who is working on tracking devices without the use of cookies, instead using things such as a collective amount of information from the user's devices such as browser versions, plugin / add-on versions, websites they visit, IP addresses etc etc in order to identify them.

There's more on this here - Device ID Recognition Touted as Cookie Replacement | PerformanceIN

Agree- this is an interesting article. I think, as many said- the issue is there are some complexities to tracking. I strongly believe this will be an area that affiliate (and other marketing channels) will need to embrace to keep the industry strong.
    Julia Kozuck-Hochstein
    Head of Affiliate Marketing- Zoro.com
    affiliate@zoro.com

Head of Content
    Just as a follow up to this - one of our feature writers put together an article after speaking with Rakuten and their recent acquisition of attribution tracking technology DC Storm - Is Last-Click Attribution Really On Its Last Legs? | PerformanceIN - It's worth a read.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread