Robin Williams Passes Away
    One of, if not my most favorite all time comics died today, apparently the result of a suicide. CNN mentioned he had been battling depression.
    As one who has been dealing with that on a personal level this hits home pretty hard. I looked up to his comic genius and how it seemed he had moved past so many struggles and battles with addiction, depression and more or was trying to at least.
    I've been a fan since happy days and Mork and Mindy. I said it. I watched Mork and Mindy. I was a kid then, but I thought this was one of the most entertaining people ever.
    Sad news.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I watched Happy Days and Mork and Mindy as well. Always thought Robin was harnessed insanity and enjoyed his work. He is too young and will be sorely missed.

First I've heard about that...
    You're not alone in watching happy days and Mork and Mindy.
    I also did when I was a kid.
    Miss a lot of the olde shows that have come and gone.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

Ah icon of the industry. He will be missed by millions. RIP.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

RIP. One of the best comedians out there. He did pretty well at serious acting parts as well.

RIP. Very sad. He was one of a kind...you never really know how deep someone's inner demons are. Always be kind.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

7. Thanks From:

Recently discovered he had Parkinsons.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Thought his performance in "Good Will Hunting" was absolutely amazing. My friend bought the note from the final scene ("tell him I had to go see about a girl") in an auction a few years back. He's really treasuring that now.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Thought his performance in "Good Will Hunting" was absolutely amazing. My friend bought the note from the final scene ("tell him I had to go see about a girl") in an auction a few years back. He's really treasuring that now.
    Wow - that would be an amazing treasure!

I was so sad about his passing. I'm not a huge celebrity follower and rarely does the loss of one affect me very much, but this one really did for some reason.

Robin Williams will definitely be missed. We have lost a lot of celebrities this past year, though fortunately only a couple of them were by their own hand. I am sure that the Parkinson's diagnosis played a factor in this one.

Agreed is very, very sad. Watched Mork and Mindy too Loved his comedy and acting and especially loved the person he was. A lot has been written now that people weren't even aware of about his acts of kindness towards others, helping sick children, inspiring others with disabilities, just random acts of being nice to someone, etc. When a person passes away and you don't hear any of those well he did this or that it really speaks volumes I think about the type of person they are. Have never heard anyone say a bad word about him. The world has definitely lost another good soul waaay too soon.

Popdawg - am very sorry about "As one who has been dealing with that on a personal level" Realize am not a medical professional or anyone who knows the slightest bit about helping to treat it but am very sorry you've been having troubles. Hope you're getting help with it and feel better very soon. If at any time a friendly ear or virtual hug might help even just a lil please know am here.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread