ABW Ambassador
    Share a Sale down?
    I can't log in and link redirects are hanging...

Anyone else seeing this?

Dave
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

2. Thanks From:
    kse

ABW Ambassador
    Please disregard.

The SAS site now loads with the following message:
    "The ShareASale interface is currently closed for maintenance. Tracking and links are working as normal. We appreciate your patience, and will be re-opening access to the administrative pages as soon as we can."

Link redirects are working again.

Dave
    When the only tool you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail.

Hi Dave, I noticed they were down (not available), they are up now however their site is still having major issues. You can log on but the site does not load after logging on. It only the 2nd time in over 10 years I had a problem with their site.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave View Post

Link redirects are working again.

Dave
    I just say this and their affiliate links are NOT Working, now this is a Major issue!!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

I find it hard to believable other affiliates are not posting about this! It one thing for their interface to be down but their affiliate links to not be working that is another issue. Looks like the issue been going on for more their 3 hours at least since it look like Dave had issues with affiliate links before he posted and I am currently seeing that affiliate links are not working right now.

Affiliate Manager
    Down since I got in the office at 8:30 - any updates from SAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Drumm View Post
    Down since I got in the office at 8:30 - any updates from SAS?
    Likely most of the team are at Affiliate Summit in NYC - but there's got to some folks "minding the store" back in Chicago.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

There is major nationwide internet infrastructure testing going on today. The only place I saw anything about this was at the NOAA Satellite servers last night. They had posted an announcement to say that service today would be intermittent and unreliable due to to testing of downtime routines nationwide. It affects the backbone and it is supposed to be for "at least 8 hours" starting at 8:30 (Eastern) today. It ain't just SAS...

10. Thanks From:

By looking at CanadianDave's post it looks like it is a SAS issue and is not related to any testing going on since they say they are doing maintenance:

"The ShareASale interface is currently closed for maintenance. Tracking and links are working as normal. We appreciate your patience, and will be re-opening access to the administrative pages as soon as we can."
    Plus I was able to get to the SAS site and put in my username/password and then the page would not load.

So as far as I concerned it is a SAS issue.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Lastpass keeps puking its login but not having issues with other add-ons in Chrome/FireFox. I did see some complaints about SAS on Facebook too.

14. Thanks From:

Links are back to working and I was just able to log in to the Affiliate Interface.

Note: Verizon DSL in Coastal Delaware for the login, the links I tried are from our server in Virginia. YMMV
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I actually can't access abestweb via AT&T Uverse. There are a large number of sites that are still down for me. Not a good Internet day.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Affiliate Manager
    Here is the information I have gotten so far: There was a problem with the global routing table hitting more than 512k, which is the default limit on most older networking equipment at most major internet providers. When the limit was exceeded, it caused connectivity issues depending on the route a user was accessing to get from point A to point B. It affected Comcast, Cogent, AT&T, Level 3, and several other majors. Chuck's Down Detector link will show many of the outage maps. For some reason not much has been published about it yet and even some of the providers' support teams aren't sure what's up. There was also an Allstream Toronto-to-Chicago fiber line that got cut and caused even more problems.

18. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    I actually can't access abestweb via AT&T Uverse. There are a large number of sites that are still down for me. Not a good Internet day.
    Yup, I had trouble with abestweb, SAS, and some other sites earlier this morning. seems to be all fixed for me now.

I haven't tested tracking, but the site is up and fully functional tonight.

Didn't anyone try to call them? A lot of the crew is here at Summit, but they aren't shut down in Chicago.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager
    Chuck;
    funny; the other day i also had troubles with last pass;
    reinstalled it an than all was fine
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Problems went away for me. Now I had to remove Skype from Trillian but that is due to Microsoft.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread