CPV vs. CPM vs. Facebook
    I have just gotten a budget to start affiliate marketing. I am looking at either CPV or CPM or Facebook to generate business. I need the maximum exposure to customers. Everything else aside any recommendations for a beginner? And why?

When you say, "budget to start affiliate marketing" do you mean for a merchant or as an affiliate? Your CPV or CPM remark implies affiliate but your "budget to start" implies merchant. Please clarify.

So affiliates choose the marketing method, merchants choose the affiliates they let in their program.
    Last edited by isellstuff; August 12th, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

3. Thanks From:

I am an affilite. I am going to sell other companies products.

Quote Originally Posted by webmagic222 View Post
    I am an affilite. I am going to sell other companies products.
    So you need to read, study, analyze prior to jumping into paid advertising. It will be really easy to waste all of your money. The particular product you are promoting will help determine the method of advertising. Most people like to try to promote products on their own websites that are getting "free" traffic. I put "free" in quotes because perhaps the best use of your funds is improving your website and then letting bloggers know about it.

For the most part, consumers need to be in a "buying mood" prior to pulling the trigger on a purchase. You aren't going to sell a refrigerator to a person who is on Facebook looking at cat photos that their friend posted. You *might* be able to sell a "fitness guide" to an overweight dude who has an account on "Plenty of Fish". You see the difference? Context is everything.

My advice is to take a step back and spend a heck of a lot of time reading and learning before you make your next move. This business is not easy and money doesn't come streaming out of the sky and hit you in the head. Its more like, "lose money", "lose money", "make $10 bucks", "lose money", "make $20 bucks", "think about what worked", "make $25 bucks", 4 years later... "make $300 bucks", etc.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks for the information. Do you have a source for learning about CPV, CPM, Facebook and Plenty of Fish?

Quote Originally Posted by webmagic222 View Post
    Thanks for the information. Do you have a source for learning about CPV, CPM, Facebook and Plenty of Fish?
    Don't ask for a hand out, go out and find your own way. You can Google anything and learn a lot.

Here's a hint... I'm not even sure what CPV is. I think it means "cost per view", but as far as I'm concerned, "CPV advertising" and "CPM advertising" are the same. CPM is cost per 1000 views and CPV might be cost per 1 view, but you don't buy advertising on a single view basis.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Most merchants will not offer CPV as they can't track conversion. CPM is considered branding so you will need to have substantial traffic to get an advertiser to book CPM traffic.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Agree with Chuck, affiliates using CPV promotions are not permitted into our network, and if they start using it after approval, they are removed.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

11. Thanks From:

Thank you all for the information. I see I have a lot to learn.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread