What is the new face of SEO
    With Google releasing algo updates rapidly, I believe it must be pretty daunting to keep track of the changes and to learn and optimize our websites so we do not lose our SERPs.

All good tips / opinions/ updates are welcome.

Try to add words that exist in the body of your articles and can attract people's eyes, recently the search engine analyze the content of your page so be careful of this. Also your page titles are very important, they should be unique and meaningful.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    You need to know the latest from G - to the extent that is possible - and all of the basics of SEO as they have changed and developed, but still, you need to remember that you are writing content for actual people to read, and that still needs to be your first consideration.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thanks Phil, Thanks Marianne for the tips.

N/m
    Last edited by Bill; August 31st, 2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Removed response. Felt like I was beating a dead horse.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    What is the new face of SEO

Forget trying to keep up with SEO, well it's not new but unless you like playing around to suit what Google does or does not like on the day then you are much better to spend your time with other things. just make good titles, content and general SEO practices and spend the rest of your time making a good website and content. This approach will never go out of fashion, it has been a solid approach for at least the last decade and it still is.

personally I don't even bother trying to please Google, I go from a complete different direction and take it from their own backdoor.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

8. Thanks From:

Well, almost the same. The SEO of yesterday is the same in present and will stay same in future as long as you follow the webmaster guidelines of search engines i.e., Google, bing and yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyappadasan View Post
    With Google releasing algo updates rapidly, I believe it must be pretty daunting to keep track of the changes
    There is an old good saying "Don't write for search engines, write for people!"

When you write articles your main goal should be to provide value to your site visitors. If people love your contents, they will share it, quote it and repeatedly visit your site. Then, search engines will keep looking for your pages to add them and put you on the top of SERPs.

Why do you think Google updates its algorithms?

In order to clean their SERPs from rubbish sites using bad SEO practices, and replace them with truly valuable sites.

So, if you, Google and the visitors need value, why should you care about algorithm changes? Just worry about the quality of contents you are providing.

That's all!

Quote Originally Posted by arminds View Post
    There is an old good saying "Don't write for search engines, write for people!"

When you write articles your main goal should be to provide value to your site visitors. If people love your contents, they will share it, quote it and repeatedly visit your site. Then, search engines will keep looking for your pages to add them and put you on the top of SERPs.

Why do you think Google updates its algorithms?

In order to clean their SERPs from rubbish sites using bad SEO practices, and replace them with truly valuable sites.

So, if you, Google and the visitors need value, why should you care about algorithm changes? Just worry about the quality of contents you are providing.

That's all!
    Will that hold good for an e-commerce site. Say for example ebay / amazon How do we know how G indexes them. And what do we keep in mind while designing / creating an e-commerce site?. A recent article about one of G's recent algo updates mentioned that the update had affected ebay.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Do you think that authors write for their publishers and journalists write for their advertisers. Then why in the hell would you write for Google?

13. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Do you think that authors write for their publishers and journalists write for their advertisers.
    Actually, that's 100% true when it comes to at least some of magazines. For example, try to go through "Muscle & Fitness" from cover to cover: 2-page ads that look like articles and articles that are nothing but ads.

Of course I'm not saying all mags are "4 less", but to some of them it's the only way they conduct their business, and they're not going belly-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyappadasan View Post
    Will that hold good for an e-commerce site. Say for example ebay / amazon How do we know how G indexes them. And what do we keep in mind while designing / creating an e-commerce site?. A recent article about one of G's recent algo updates mentioned that the update had affected ebay.
    Again, if you provide value and something visitors or potential customers really want, Google will rank you higher. But, if you keep stuffing your pages with keywords hoping to get higher rank, your will go to the bottom.

All the algorithm changes are aiming to provide value to the people who search Google. All you need to do is "To provide value"!

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    The day I quit worrying about google and started writing for people and what they were looking for and wanted is the day my websites rose steadily in the ranks and my income doubled.. google can kiss my bass..
    Last edited by Justdoit; September 18th, 2014 at 01:57 AM.

If you provide useful content to users and follow google guidelines or updation, webiste will get good rank on search engine. Try to post unique content on your website and blog. Always create natural backlinks.

Affiliate Manager
    The average person can detect when writers are writing specifically for SEO rankings. We're all looking for genuinely well written content on a well researched topic. Even better if the research has gone above & beyond & into hand-on experience that has wisdom to offer their readers. If you can nail that, well, then it doesn't matter so much what kind of re-arranging that Google does...people will still want to come back to your site & will share it with others. And THAT is what we're going for anyway, right?!
    Erin Walsh,
    Director of PR, [URL="http://bit.ly/1oapxzB"]Boost Affiliates[/URL]

19. Thanks From:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread