ABW Ambassador
    Ever happen to anyone. I am not sure how I got it, but I certainly do not want to have it happen again.

IamJaloppy

What is a negative performance incentive?

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Isn't it called a reversal? Maybe after you received the last preformance incentive the merchant reversed enough transactions to eliminate the bonus amount paid so the wack your current total.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Was it through one of the GSI family of sites? We had two months worth of performance incentives reversed yesterday, about $230 in total. As the same stores are all "extended due to nonpayment" at the moment, I don't have good vibes about any of them.

I had two reversed: Sports Authority and MC Sports. Both totalled about $100.

I wrote CJ, but have not heard back yet.

Hello,

First and foremost I wanted to let you know that commissions for the month of February were sent yesterday, March 18th in a wire transaction to CJ.

As you have noticed, your performance incentives for December (paid out in February) appear in CJ reporting as “reversed”. Unfortunately, performance incentives historically have been calculated contrary to our intended commission scale. We caught this mistake in February that dates back over two years. As such, we have withheld payment of performance incentives for the month of December until the time that they are calculated correctly and payment is remitted to Commission Junction. We expect full payment for December performance incentives within the next 7 to 10 business days. When commission junction pays you for your February commissions and December performance incentives will be based on CJ’s payment cycles. For more information on when you will receive these checks please contact CJ directly. We hope that all commissions and performance incentives will be calculated correctly moving forward and we expect that this will not become an issue again.

Thank you for your patience

Sincerely,

Michael
    Affiliate Account Executive
    GSI Commerce, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    Michael, that explanation must have been sent before reversal, some ethics please...

Fer

Fer,

This response was written late yestaurday a good deal after the reversals took place. Please feel free to clarify for me why you feel that this was written before reversals. You can PM me on ABW or email me at affiliates@GSICommerce.com

quote:
    Originally posted by MikeAbo:
    Hello,

.... performance incentives historically have been calculated contrary to our intended commission scale. We caught this mistake in February that dates back over two years. ....

Michael,
    Could you be a little more specific in what you mean by the above?

I've always been under the impression that the merchant (and not CJ) posts the performance incentives that he wants to award the affiliates. If the incentive percentages posted is not what we're supposed to receive, then what are the percentages supposed to be? And GSI is just now catching a mistake after 2 years?

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread