AvantLink Quick Stats
    Hello all,

Does anyone else experience a disconnect with AvantLink's Quick Stats on their homepage?

For instance, I often see click throughs, but no impressions. Another example I see often is a specific amount of impressions from one affiliate, although the affiliate summary claims that recent traffic is coming from many different affiliates.

It just seems like there are quite a bit of discrepancies. Anyone else notice this? I've only had the program live for a few days and this certainly isn't a criticism of the network. It's more my attempt at figuring out if their metrics are a little weak or possibly something within my program that's off.

TAI for any answers.

Brian
    Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; August 25th, 2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: link drop

I often see click throughs, but no impressions
    That happens when a previous visitor/shopper returns to a merchant's site. No ad was clicked, they may have come back via browser history or bookmark. (Or an emailed link or..)

I thought this post was about whatever it is that whams my CPU when I visit the homepage. I often need to turn off my connection to be able to close the browser. It appears to be something related to GA (?).

Affiliate Network Rep Chad-AvantLink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmhxt5 View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone else experience a disconnect with AvantLink's Quick Stats on their homepage?

For instance, I often see click throughs, but no impressions. Another example I see often is a specific amount of impressions from one affiliate, although the affiliate summary claims that recent traffic is coming from many different affiliates.

It just seems like there are quite a bit of discrepancies. Anyone else notice this? I've only had the program live for a few days and this certainly isn't a criticism of the network. It's more my attempt at figuring out if their metrics are a little weak or possibly something within my program that's off.

TAI for any answers.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I think a lot of what you're seeing has to do with the tools that are being used to promote your program. For example, a standard text ad that is promoted, say through an email or a social network, won't register an ad impression count because there's no way to track the actual view of just a raw bit of text that is a link. I can get into the technical details of why this is if you would like, but just know that a text link shared like that will always track the click throughs but sometimes not the actual impressions (it greatly depends on how the affiliate wants to integrate it on their site or how they share it with their audience).

I think the first step is to get familiar with AvantLink's tool suite for affiliates and really understand how these affiliates can be promoting your brand and individual products. Different tools will yield different counts for ad impressions by virtue of the way they work and deliver links, photos, descriptions, and other information about your products.

It's also worth noting that our reporting is 100% real time. So anytime a click, sale, or even ad impression is generated by an affiliate, it will be instantly accounted for on your reports. In other words, your reports show exactly what has happened in your program up to the millisecond.

Hopefully that helps.

-Chad

4. Thanks From:

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread