Idea for Merchants that go OFFLINE!
    How about this? When merchants go offline due to lack of funds they still pay a fee to Shareasale to keep their account alive do they not?

I think this fee should be forfeited by SAS and that fee should be divided by time offline and then split among their current affiliates.

What do you think?

2. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by janew View Post
    How about this? When merchants go offline due to lack of funds they still pay a fee to Shareasale to keep their account alive do they not?

I think this fee should be forfeited by SAS and that fee should be divided by time offline and then split among their current affiliates.

What do you think?
    No they don't pay a fee to the network, only when sales occur.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    ShareASale makes money the same way you do - when sales are tracked and the merchant is paid. They don't make anything when the merchant is shut down either.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

5. Thanks From:

Merchants go offline on SAS for various reasons. I try to keep all my merchants on a tight leash but it happens. About a month ago, one went down for about 20 minutes because the credit card had expired and we didn't have a backup.

We had one a few weeks ago go offline for about 5 minutes because a huge order came through and the auto deposit was less than the $600 commission. We get notifications immediately and we fix it as soon as possible.

However, there is no excuse for merchants that are offline for days or weeks at a time. Those are merchants you just need to walk away from.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Shareasale NEEDS to do more about these Merchants. They should HAVE to pay something for going offline. You quit one deadbeat merchant and seem to join 5 more. They start out with a bang and poof "DEADBEAT"

Brian correct me if I'm wrong but don't merchants have to pay a fee to stay active?

I see no reason why a network would pay you for a merchant that they themselves aren't making any money from. I don't see how they could possibly do anything about it. If a merchant comes in, blows through a budget, then goes offline, that has nothing to do with the network.

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by janew View Post
    Brian correct me if I'm wrong but don't merchants have to pay a fee to stay active?
    Greg Hoffman

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Merchants pay $25/month as a minimum service fee but if they go offline due to a credit card no longer working then I doubt Shareasale collects anything. If a merchant has a non-performing program then they pay $25/month to keep it open. Unlike a CJ program where they pay $500/month minimum in network fees.

13. Thanks From:

I know I've commented a lot about this and to be fair to Shareasale they are not the only network where this happens. Same thing goes on at all the other networks as well.

Can't say for sure but I think why so many of us get annoyed about this is it seems like the merchants are permitted (allowed to remain, just hanging around waiting for pigs to start flying or however else you want to refer to the situation) for very, very, very long periods of time.

Know I sound like a broken record but do not see any reasonable explanation that makes any sense to me whatsoever for a merchant who's been offline for years to remain in the network. Yes, Brain I know you can get the rss feed, which I do and you've also said we can choose to work with a different merchant. Agree with that as well. What about affiliates who are new or aren't members here, tho?

Only planned on stopping in here quickly to catch up on things and as usual I get distracted by a post and here I am again with a long post reply. lol Don't mean to sound grumpy but this subject as I said does annoy a lot of us.

Greg and others - I definitely do understand that there are times when there is a legitimate problem with a merchant that goes offline. You and others do correct the situation in a timely manner and pretty sure I can speak for others that we do very much appreciate that.

Ok, hopefully I can quickly catch up on things and get outa here in a reasonable amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Know I sound like a broken record but do not see any reasonable explanation that makes any sense to me whatsoever for a merchant who's been offline for years to remain in the network.
    The ones that remain active for years without any sales being recorded are the ones that grind my gears. Is it because they removed tracking mechanisms from their website, or is it just because nobody happens to be promoting them. Nobody knows!
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    janew,

When offline, there wouldn't be any monthly minimum fee collected so the plan to split any revenue earned wouldn't really work as there would be no revenue...

If you want to email me some trouble Merchants for you right now I will try to contact them and explain the importance of both Auto-Deposit and history. I can't guarantee that they will not go offline again due to funding (again, this is a protection for you and your earnings.) however I can try to influence their position here.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

17. Thanks From:

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread